Urgot breakdown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Full Rage Mode

25-08-2010

Hello, I just wanted to express my concerns about Urgot, the latest champion.

I bought him, and played him for a few games and what I've realised is this:

His Q ability is ridiculously scaled. It does very high damage for the first few levels, up to 3 or so, and after that it is pretty much useless. I was in a game where I had bloodthirster, infinity edge and black cleaver. Those are extremely expensive items, and his attack should have been really high. What I instead found out is that his auto attack was barely weaker than his level 5 Q ability, almost to the point where I found it insultingly terrible.

His W ability is "fine", but nothing amazing about it. It's not useless, but it sure could be better.

His E ability is probably half-nice if you go AP, but that seems redundant on this character. If you did, he'd be a "support" character 10 times worse than any other alternative support.

His R, ultimate, is just a poor duplicate of blitz's pull. And his isn't even an ulti.

His passive is ok.

Overall, he is not a good damage dealer. He is not a good support. There are many heroes who have the same abilities or who can take his role and perform much better than Urgot. There's nothing original about him, his voice acting makes me press the mute button, and well.. he simply put looks like a heap of garbage.

I'm a very big fan of this game and Riot knows that I've spent 20-30k Riot points, but this guy was a depressing disappointment for me.

When I read his descriptions, I got the impression "okay, this is gonna be OP". Turns out he's completely underpowered, and not even fun to play.

So sorry, Riot. I'm a loving fan, and as such I'm telling you with all good intentions at heart: you ****ed this one up.

PS: It's entirely possible that I'm completely wrong, and in that case please don't flame me, but rather tell me why I'm wrong.

rook1e

25-08-2010

In my opinion you are completely wrong. I played him 3 times, and in every game I had 15+/3 stats. And I haven't any problems to kill a well playing Xin-Player in a 1v1. His Q Skill is weak, but in late game it's like an extra attack, around 1,6secs Cooldown and around 200dmg and normal hits around 250 idk. Can't remember.. I don't think that the ult is a copy of blitz pull, you have additonal armor, and mr, slow and 1 sec stun... A bit more than blitz's pull or?

sorry for my english. Thanks

Brutallica

25-08-2010

Surely not a champion that is outright dangerous, but annoying as hell with the switch in bushes for ganksquad, but my trynda have no problem hunting him down 1v1.

as an adversary he feels balanced. but ruff at the start, but since the heimer and shaco incident, im just gonna smile to this hero and say "give him a buff, i dont care" :P

MickTalbot

25-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****afrost View Post
His R, ultimate, is just a poor duplicate of blitz's pull.
What? It not only moves them, but slows them down, gives you massive resistances and places you in the path of their retreat. It's a vastly improved duplicate if anything.

MickTalbot

25-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook1e View Post
I haven't any problems to kill a well playing Xin-Player in a 1v1.
Sry, but made me lol.

ImATroll

25-08-2010

Quote:
Overall, he is not a good damage dealer. He is not a good support. He is not a good tank. He is not a good hybrid. He is...

NASUS
Fix'd

Archer00

25-08-2010

I just witnessed my first Urgot Ulti fail(I'm sure there'll be many more to come).

The enemy Urgot Hyper Kinetic position reversed our Janna right in the middle of the enemy team.

Janna Ulits.

Enemies get scattered all over the place.

Enemies get picked off one by one.

Good times.

ImATroll

25-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer00 View Post
I just witnessed my first Urgot Ulti fail(I'm sure there'll be many more to come).

The enemy Urgot Hyper Kinetic position reversed our Janna right in the middle of the enemy team.

Janna Ulits.

Good times.
+1 for using his ult in a teamfight
-10 for using it on a Janna with ult ready

morningstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer00 View Post

Janna Ulits.

Good times.
Our urgot switched with an ap Sion with shield. Oh hi, you just switched with a timebomb with a 2 sec stun.. Thanks -.-

Smylz

25-08-2010

I did a really funny match just now (with Urgot ofcourse)

Urgot (Me)
Galio
Nunu
Malphite
Anivia

Vs

Galio
Garen
Akali
Nasus
Fiddle

Game was really funny since my team was mostly tank hybrids (except squishy anivia)
I was in mid against Galio ... it went out really painful since he got 2 skillshot long range skills
I went after Chalice and Mercury threads and i kept getting harrased + his poison grenade is
low splash range i actually did well against Galio (If i didn't had my magic resist i'd fail hard)

Early game was painfull in all lanes for us in mid game Galio was aware of my ulti and Kat but
not other guys so it was easy for me to swap just in case they were in the range of turret + w skill
and i could tank a bit . It's a great combo but problem is dmg output was ... kinda lame.

Urgots ultimate was interrupted by fiddles fear and i had to wait original cld time ...
Unlike some other champ (forgot who) gets his ultimate cld reduced if interrupted.
+It's a suicide to initiate into the fight
It's good only for hunting down running champs, tower sandwich and yea ... sacrificing you're self ...
Few times it helps to simply confuse opponents after the swap at first i was confused as well since it
just swaps the image to other enemy's position , just like that .

It's almost the same as fight in a team fight and accidentally switch on eye-mode (when camera fallows)
It doesnt give in game advantage , it actually gives IRL advantage i say there must be champions
with more of these type of effects .

Example : A ninja throws smoke into eyes of opponent and that opponent screen gets black for 2~3 seconds

But other then that Urgot is a good survivability champion , but then again the longer the game goes
the weaker his output dmg becomes ... even if he stacks on str items.

Concentrating on tanking from mid game is a good choice since his ultimate can disable opponent team carry
just by that confusing screen swap ...

Summary

He's a good survivability champ , weak dmg output (that aoe simply sux a**) good only against inexperienced
squishy opponents early game and good ... just to be there at late game