Annie (Counter Guide)

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

13-07-2011

1.When you see Annie gets picked, pick one of the follow Champions to counter her:

• Malzahar
  • Le Blanc
  • Akali
  • Swain
  • Fiddlesticks
  • Anivia
  • Kennen
  • Brand
  • Kassadin
  • Orianna
  • Sivir
  • Veigar
  • Morgana
  • Zilian
  • Bruiser with tank runes (Flat MR or MR/Lvl)

2.How to make sure you earlier Lvl 6 then she is:
Get serious ganks to deny her farm, push minions to the tower so the tower will steal some minions, buy wards to not get ganked.

3.Always try to get a good initiator in your team like:
Blitzcrank, Amumu, Jarvan IV, Rumble, Ashe.

4.Buy Magic Resist items:
  • Mercury Treads are a must (most vaible boots anyway!)
  • Banshee's Veil (Must have for every carry to counter CC)
  • Quicksilver Slash (Cheap alternative to Banshee's Veil)
  • Force of Nature (Tanks or Bruiser's will like this)
  • Chalice of Harmony (For Champions with MP issue's a cheap item with decent MR)
  • Spirit Visage (For Champions like Warwick, Irelia, Swain pretty decent item)
  • Aegis of the Legion (Support or Tank should get this one)
  • Hexdrinker (Good for DPS Champions)

5.Summoner Spells:
Cleanse:
One of the most underrated but one of the best Summoner Spells, can save you in various situations, like you get stunned by TF's Yellow Card: Cleanse - Flash.

Quote:
Removes all debuffs from your champion and reduces the duration of subsequent stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, silences, blinds and immobilizes by 65% for the next 3 seconds.
6.Dont be scared:
I've seen a lot of people who actually think: "She is strong, better dont touch her."
Thats the wrong way, when she attacks you: always attack back!
Same problem most people had with Vayne!

7.If you not manage to actually handle a little girl, you probably one of the player's who:
  • Never bought defensive items.
  • Never tried out Cleanse.
  • Never buys wards.
  • Always flames your team for your faults.

Hope you guys will finally try out one of the tips above and stop crying about Annie.

Edit:
I almost forgot one of the best tips:
8.Buy Doran's Items:
Doran's Items provide a lot of health aswell as stats your Champion needs, its not a bad choice to get for example: "3x Dorans Ring/Blade", since they provide a very good cost-effectiveness!

Edit #2:
Thanks to the people who actually told me some more Champions to counter her, there might be more so keep posting!
I will go to sleep now and will update this Guide when i wake up !

Edit #3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirase View Post
Actually you could also just stay at a decent health level and simply survive her burst.
Or you could look at your own XP bar and estimate that she will ding 6 in like 3 seconds and just back up when she hits 6 and go shopping.
Or you outzone and kill her 3 times before she hits 6 and laugh at her "burst".

Only a fed annie is a dangerous annie and she can not simply feed herself.
She needs greedy players that stay in lane too long and refuse to back up in time.
Or unprotected bot lanes that wait to get ganked etc.
Just like leblanc for example.
Just so true.

Dan Koloff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-07-2011

Annie op nerf.

Flypsyde

13-07-2011

Anivia or Kennen? Really?

As Annie I would take a Malzahar or Swain over a Brand against me ANY DAY. Brand is some serious business.

aN SourZe

13-07-2011

Good guide.

Had a game with Annie today (13-0-5). None in the enemy bought a BV. They pretty much got instant killed.

Dan Koloff

13-07-2011

I dominate her in line with every champion get 2 levels over her. I get 50-100 creeps more than her at lvl 11. Team battles come she stuns all possible our combos while having only offensive items which leads to her crazy damage (NOTE: SHE DOESN'T BUILD DEFENSIVE ITEMS AS YOUR GUIDE SUGGESTS FOR ALL OUR TEAM TO SPEND OVER 9K ON DEFENSE) and nothing is possible. If somebody initiates her he dies. Op nerf. Stop defending the champ that won you so many games and is banned in 66% of ranked games.

Hawker

Recruiter

13-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypsyde View Post
Anivia or Kennen? Really?

As Annie I would take a Malzahar or Swain over a Brand against me ANY DAY. Brand is some serious business.
Kennen can stun @ Lvl 2, and has no mp issues at all.(since he uses energy <3)
Anivia can stun and slow, and do not forget her egg which makes it a bit harder to gank her.

Brand can work too, but its a bit harder.
Swain and Malzahar are pretty strong counter picks:
  • Malzahar (Silence, and his DoT are pretty decent to get Annie out of the lane earlier then she wants)
  • Swain (Pretty strong snare which can lead into a gank!)

porps

13-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Koloff View Post
I dominate her in line with every champion get 2 levels over her. I get 50-100 creeps more than her at lvl 11. Team battles come she stuns all possible our combos while having only offensive items which leads to her crazy damage (NOTE: SHE DOESN'T BUILD DEFENSIVE ITEMS AS YOUR GUIDE SUGGESTS FOR ALL OUR TEAM TO SPEND OVER 9K ON DEFENSE) and nothing is possible. If somebody initiates her he dies. Op nerf. Stop defending the champ that won you so many games and is banned in 66% of ranked games.
translation -

"i've never bought defensive items or wards or tried cleanse. I dont know how to deal with Annie and i'm raging because i got destroyed by her earlier. I think if i tell lies nobody will notice, and more people will agree with me when i cry nerf"

Flypsyde

13-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDecay View Post
Kennen can stun @ Lvl 2, and has no mp issues at all.(since he uses energy <3)
Anivia can stun and slow, and do not forget her egg which makes it a bit harder to gank her.

Brand can work too, but its a bit harder.
Swain and Malzahar are pretty strong counter picks:
  • Malzahar (Silence, his DoT are pretty decent to get Annie out of the lane earlier then she wants)
  • Swain (Pretty strong snare which can lead into a gank!)

Silence is quite easy to dodge and his DoT takes a great amount of concentration to dodge but it's possible. I'm a fan of Kennen but his stun isnt that impressive plus his Q can be dodged quite easily too. Brand's aoe is impossible to dodge without boots and with boots it's still hard.

Maybe it's because I got outplayed by a Brand today, but I would master Brand and pick him against Annie if you want to counter Annie.

Dan Koloff

13-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by porps View Post
translation -

"i've never bought defensive items or wards or tried cleanse. I dont know how to deal with Annie and i'm raging because i got destroyed by her earlier. I think if i tell lies nobody will notice, and more people will agree with me when i cry nerf"
Dude, I destroy her that's what I mean. Thanks for the effort. But she destroys the random team in solo ranked queue or the normal game team. And I see her in every game. That is bothering. It's not fun to see the same 3 champs every game. And to see them doubled in every team in normal games. The only thing I can win a game alone atm is Gangplank. And I got really bored with him already.

CoR Karmasutra

13-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Koloff View Post
^ QFT Pretty much the truth!

12345 ... 7