The "Cannot load direct3d" problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kefka27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

So today for the first time i have encountered the problem with "Cannot load direct3d" and i saw here on the forums that some people had this problem as well.
I don't know if this will help anyone but if there is a chance it might ill post it.

As i said today for the first time i encountered this problem and at first i was frustrated,after a few tries of starting up LoL i decided to close all of the programs i had running in the background to reinstall some drivers.
The programs that i closed were iTunes(an older version) and Starcraft 2.
Then while i waited for the drivers to download i tried to start up LoL and it worked,without installing anything new.

I tested it once again and ran Sc2+iTunes and tried to start up LoL and the same direct 3d message popped up.
I'm not sure why these would interrupt the game in any way but for me its the case.
If your having the same problem try checking or close the programs i listed or there might be others that cause this.

deniz2099

11-07-2011

It's really strange that LoL can't detect your Direct3D device whereas Starcraft 2 can. You may need to reinstall/uninstall things a couple of times and hold some experiments with different software combinations if you're looking for a challenge.

But the shortest way to get rid of this thing, format your PC.

ATTAmHEJ

19-11-2011

i've just reinstalled my computer and downloaded league of legends and when i start league of legends to patch it, it says "could not load direct3d".

l33333t

25-11-2011

gys
ive windows 7 and ive copy of windows is not enguniune and i ve directx 11 but at the same time it cant detecte it eaven my dxdiag cant

Ettanin

25-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33333t View Post
gys
ive windows 7 and ive copy of windows is not enguniune
sorry, difficult if not even impossible to help...