How to carry late game as nidalee?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperMuhsin

10-07-2011

I just fail at late game as nidalee although I usually get very good early game.I just dont know how to carry late game :/. If anyone can give me some tips..i would be really grategul.Thanks

EnemyFromHel

10-07-2011

You don't.

Nidalee is excellent earlygame,good midgame but fails lategame.

Ferocia

10-07-2011

Unless I'm mistaken, the next patch will decrease performance midgame and increase performance lategame.

Maleficarius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferocia View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, the next patch will decrease performance midgame and increase performance lategame.

last time i checked, nothing changed about nidalee last patch...
how to carry? hmm get a blue buff and heal allies for over9000, only like that.
make prolonged fights with a lot of poking, noone can match up to nidalee's healing potential

Sha1yen

10-07-2011

late game you want to have a good ammount of AP built up, and if blue buff is unavailable to you or someone on your team needs it more, you'll want mana or regen as well as Nidalee's natural mana pool is a joke. Throw spears and poke enemies for 30% hp a hit, keep the fights going in your favor by healing like a Soraka on steroids, and if the chance shows itself, go cougar and do 1 quick burst on an enemy that gets too close to you.

Crypthrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

TLDR: Nida doesn't fail late game. Just stack AP and position yourself well.

First of all: you're a squishy. Your early and mid game dominance can allow you to get higher level and better items so you hop around in cougar form and eat people. In late game team fights, though, if you don't get at least 2 defensive items, you'll be focused down in an instant.

Second of all: AP nida scales AMAZINGLY with AP, I play her with ap per level yellows, blues and quints just because of this. I build deathcap as a first item just because of this (usually morelio's as second). And the result is 1k spears and 600 hp heals mid-game.

That being said, what you need to do in late game phase is:
1. Have a blue.
2. Have 40% CDR with the blue.
3. Your team should push (even if losing) but NOT initiate. You need to prolong the poking phase as much as you can, because this is where nidalee shines - the poking phase. Spearing away their squishies' health, while keeping your teammates up with that amazing heal, thus giving your team an enormous advantage.

In team fights: they will happen, however long the poking phase is. Here you need to have good positioning, heal and spear, until the ultimates and nukes have been spent. Once everyone is middish to low hp and a few people have died, you're allowed to pounce over them and chase/finish them.

This is how I play her, and even if I fail early and mid game(happens to the best of us), I become extremely useful late game. I remember a particular game: 1v2-ing top, resulting in 0-5 pretty early (I rarely fail so much, it's just that the jungler refused to gank top and I refused to let some scrubs zone me out). I finished the game 7-8-27, and whether anyone realized or not, I carried my team. Enemies focus someone in a team fight? BAM, +700 hp, most of their progress deleted. It's extremely discouraging and annoying to see that. So annoying in fact, that they started to try to focus me first in team fights. In the decisive fight at baron, I managed to kite their carry, which pretty much won us the game (he raged: "noob nidalee taking exhaust").

Don't chase Nidalee. Fools.

Bigbadgosu

Recruiter

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyFromHel View Post
You don't.

Nidalee is excellent earlygame,good midgame but fails lategame.
no she not weak late. I carried game with my op 1k+ heals and my 1,2k spears to squashie, but i was fed 11/1/17. And it was 71 min game it was so freaking match, 1 mistake u lost its was 5v5 premade game, so nida can can carry game

MoShizzle

10-07-2011

^ What he said, you just gotta farm and play smart

EnemyFromHel

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrius1997 View Post
no she not weak late. I carried game with my op 1k+ heals and my 1,2k spears to squashie, but i was fed 11/1/17. And it was 71 min game it was so freaking match, 1 mistake u lost its was 5v5 premade game, so nida can can carry game
That's the problem,if she is fed,she can actually do something lategame,but if she's not,then you can say GG.

BuckWhite

10-07-2011

I main nidalee, and all i can say is that late game you do NOT jump in the middle of the teamfight trying to claw someone down. That mistake has killed me a couple of times.
Late game you mostly use your Spear of ultimate harassment and heal people. Occasionally try to jump on the squishies in cougar form and take them down.

Oh and Guinsoo's Rageblade is a must on nidalee, i hope that you know that.