Abilities that crit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquirill

08-07-2011

Hi this is my first thread and I have question about abilities that can critical strike.

So there are abilitíes that apply on-hit effects, such as Irelia's Bladesurge and then there those that are able to crit on top of that, like Gangplank's Parrley.

So my question is: why is crit not considered an on-hit effect? And why can Bladesurge not crit?

I find that in very long games Irelia's usefulness diminishes towards the end because her burst just isn't that threating anymore.
It can be countered by stacking health (For example Trinity Force + Banshee's Veil + Frozen Mallet/Rylai's).
And it feels very patronizing when a basic attack that crits does more damage than your trademark burst spell, especially when playing a champion that relies on Burst.

And also: which other abilities apart from Parrley can crit? Is there a list somewhere?

RETARDOMGWTFNOOB

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquirill View Post
So my question is: why is crit not considered an on-hit effect? And why can Bladesurge not crit?
Well, its just a matter of definition:
Crit is just not an on hit effect, because the devs decided to make it this way...you can also ask why are some champs 'evil' and some 'good'.
Quote:
And it feels very patronizing when a basic attack that crits does more damage than your trademark burst spell, especially when playing a champion that relies on Burst.
Its same with MF Ashe etc... but those skills still do something more than pure damage right? But Parrrley and Garen spin are only pure damage skills, so they get the 'crit bonus'. In my oppinion, Pantheon spear should also be allowed to crit...but im not a Dev.
Quote:
And also: which other abilities apart from Parrley can crit? Is there a list somewhere?
Only Garen's spin does more damage with crit chance besides Parrrley. Well and ofcourse those skills that give a toggled one-auto-attack-bonus-damage like Nasus Q, Poppy Q, Cait passive (Poppy Q crits only for the regular phys damage, but not for magic bonus while Nasus toggle crits for all). On leaguecraft there is a very nice guide about game mechanics where everything this this is explained.

Triviya

08-07-2011

Irelia should not be allowed to do the proportion of dmg she does early game in the late game as she naturally becomes quite tanky. She is more of a tanky dps than a glass cannon like Ashe.

As regards all you other questions. See above, that dude answered them all.

Liquirill

09-07-2011

hm okay. Thank you guys!