[Workaround] Reconnect to a crashed game while server is busy!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmShaegar

Senior Wrenchman

04-07-2011

Update - 10. July 2011 11:43am

File Doesn't work anymore because of a change of logfiles. But it's not necessary anymore.

Quote:
We made a tiny tool to reconnect to a game, without being logged in to PvP.net! You can end your games now, even if server status is busy.
RiotMatricus wrote this tool
1. Start a game
2. If the game and PvP.net Client crash, just execute reconnect.exe!
3. You'll reconnect to the last game you've played without being logged in.
4. If the game doesn't exist or is already over, you'll get an error: Can't connect.

Works on EU and US.

Please post here if you find any bugs. Add your logfile:
  • Press [windows key] + [R]
  • Type in: %userprofile%\Brolaf\Brolaf.log
  • Press [Enter]
  • Copy the whole log
  • Insert it at http://pastebin.com
  • Add the pastebin link to your post

For those who want to be safe: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/...ac0-1309885068
Every tool written with AutoIt causes Heuristic Detection. Be sure only Matricus and me can modify and upload it. If you download it with my or his links you are safe.

Update
  • Encryption removed
  • Logfile created

Matricus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Sticked!

Report any kind of bugs guys.

Lolbärry

04-07-2011

Cool, but what about mac users?

AmShaegar

Senior Wrenchman

04-07-2011

Sorry but i dont know enough about Mac to help you with this. But i will bring it to Boompje(Wrenchman). Maybe he knows what to do.

soul18reaver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Found whit this
Desktop\reconnect.exe AUTOIT script.au3 - Win32/Packed.Autoit.E.Gen potentially unwanted application
so?

DeadManDancing

04-07-2011

I was just in a game when my whole System crashed. After a restart I just found this tool via red tracker but if I execute the reconnect.exe I get the following message.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reconnect.jpg
Views:	1542
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	40070  

Baldude

04-07-2011

WOW.
Thanks so much, great work (again) from Matricus.

I vote for a payraise for him, really...every time something usefull comes from Riot these dire days, it's from Matricus.

AmShaegar

Senior Wrenchman

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul18reaver View Post
Found whit this
Desktop\reconnect.exe AUTOIT script.au3 - Win32/Packed.Autoit.E.Gen potentially unwanted application
so?
This is a usual issue with AutoIt :-( Many anti virus software detects it as a threat. But believe me: If Matricus wants your Account Data he only looks into the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadManDancing View Post
I was just in a game when my whole System crashed. After a restart I just found this tool via red tracker but if I execute the reconnect.exe I get the following message.
Ty, fixed.

Kurayamino88

04-07-2011

Doesn't work for me, it begins to load but then gives me an error message 'language file missing, please try reinstalling'. Then it keeps on loading until it eventually gives me another error message; 'game_messagebox_text_connectionretry'

edit: thx for the assist Matricus

Matricus

04-07-2011
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurayamino88 View Post
Doesn't work for me, it begins to load but then gives me an error message 'language file missing, please try reinstalling'. Then it keeps on loading until it eventually gives me another error message; 'game_messagebox_text_connectionretry'
Run lol.launcher.admin.exe in your LoL root directory, then restart the reconnect.exe.
The tools seems to use an old installation (got from registry).

Quote:
AmShaegar will upload a new version with exception handlers to avoid this crash and should give an information popup, what's actual missing.

1234511 ... 14