LAN of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tecumseh

17-08-2010

Summoners, ready your rigs!

League of Legends is built upon teamwork and cohesion in a group, and we’ve seen some amazing proof that you fans take it very seriously. Rioterz have often looked back at their years of gaming, wistfully thinking of the stacked cans of soda, faces illuminated by the glow of a monitor, and rhythmic mouse clicks like pattering rain on a window…
Take us for a trip down memory lane, will you? Here’s how.

Host an awesome League of Legends LAN party and send us pictures!

Of course, you have to prove it. Submit at least 3 pictures to us documenting the fun you’re having, and one of those has to prove you’re all playing League of Legends!

Here’s a few guidelines-

• Bring a bunch of players!
  • Be enthusiastic!
  • Make it fun! Have a theme, decorate, do what you do best.
  • No photo editing!
  • Photos must be in JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP or GIF format.
  • This must be a party that you hosted or organized.
  • You must show you’re playing League of Legends!

Of course there’s a few secret things we’re looking for, so be creative! You have until August 31st 2010 to submit your photos to contests@riotgames.com . The best entries will get 1380 Riot Points for the leader and 650 Riot Points given to each attendee (up to 10 attendees).

If you’re super serious about making this happen, check out our official rules right over here! (here)

Send out the e-vites. Stock up the mini-fridge. The Fields of Justice beckon!

Nealdian

17-08-2010

Nice :3

Cully

17-08-2010

If only we could actually play this over a LAN ;P

Usethefork

17-08-2010

I'm in

Messy Herring

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post
If only we could actually play this over a LAN ;P
The truth. Now everyone has to be hooked to the internet to play which my poop modem probably won't be able to take.

Balbanes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-08-2010

If my nose will be bleeding while the LAN, will I have to censor it cause RIOT runs around screaming when seeing any kind of blood?

ZorgUK

18-08-2010

Was at a LAN party 2 weeks ago, we wanted to play League of Legends but couldn't... because your game doesn't support LAN play... only Internet play. -_-

Gosu LiPoS

18-08-2010

i had a LAN party at my place a couple of weeks ago during wich we all played LoL a whole freaking lot, didnt take any pictures though =(

oh and this seems pretty dumb cause form what i've heard, LoL doesnt work well when several users from the same connection is playing lol, it tends to lagg a whole lot.

(we had some lagg occasionally, but it all went pretty smooth), but i know friends who lagg like hell when 2 or more users are playing at the same time on the same connection :o (and yeah, they've got pretty good connections)

Wickd

18-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosu Grief View Post
i had a LAN party at my place a couple of weeks ago during wich we all played LoL a whole freaking lot, didnt take any pictures though =(

oh and this seems pretty dumb cause form what i've heard, LoL doesnt work well when several users from the same connection is playing lol, it tends to lagg a whole lot.

(we had some lagg occasionally, but it all went pretty smooth), but i know friends who lagg like hell when 2 or more users are playing at the same time on the same connection :o (and yeah, they've got pretty good connections)
I have had a LAN a couple of weeks ago too and the internet worked fine. We were about 20 ppl playing lol, and the only problem was when the power shutted down. It meant that 5 players would disconnect from their current game (we played 5v5) thus loose. For some strange reason the enemy team will win instand if all 5 players from one team disconnects. fix that plz :D

Eriatha

18-08-2010

Flipping melons!!

I had a LAN a few weeks back and we played LoL to death. I wish I'd've taken some pictures now. If I was Zilean I could send myself back in time. Hmmm....