HUGE constant lag spikes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acidborne

17-08-2010

I keep getting massive lag spikes in game, sometimes hitting as high as about 6k, and it seems to be happening VERY frequently, most prominently when I am around any kind of action. For example I can be running up a lane to defend a tower, I have 46 ms on my journey and all is well, but as I reach my destination and engage said attacker I spike up to 4k ms, and just sit there unable to react at all.

The game was working fine the other day, but now its pretty much verging on unplayable.

Anyone else getting this issue? What’s causing it, and how do I get it resolved?

Been up for some satisfying games pretty much all day but all I am getting atm are lag-fests.

AngryMoldovan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2010

Yep, there is a mirror topic to this one.

Acidborne

17-08-2010

Another day and I am still getting this absurd lag. The game is totally unplayable atm.

Can we get an answer from someone at riot? Do you recognise this issue and are you looking into it?

Edit - My post in General discussion - http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...321#post315321

Acidborne

17-08-2010

Bump

Acidborne

17-08-2010

Are you looking into the issue of the game breaking lag that myself and others have been getting these past couple of days?

The game is unplayable.

Where do we stand with this? Do you see it as an issue on your end, or do you just chalk it up to hardware issues on our end ect?

Latency was fine a couple of days ago, but now its crippling.

I have made a couple of posts about this already, as have others, just waiting for a response.

My threads -

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=29825

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...670#post315670

Acidborne

17-08-2010

Are you looking into the issue of the game breaking lag that myself and others have been getting these past couple of days?

The game is unplayable.

Where do we stand with this? Do you see it as an issue on your end, or do you just chalk it up to hardware issues on our end ect?

Latency was fine a couple of days ago, but now its crippling.

I have made a couple of posts about this already, as have others, just waiting for a response.

My threads -

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=29825

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...670#post315670

googleSon78

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2010

Where are you from? I'm in bulgaria and got like 50ping. Also why are you trying to contact RIOT on the EU forums?

Yokatama

17-08-2010

The game is currently pretty much unplayable. Not in any competitive way at least (in EU).

To RIOT - I'm sure you know and have your own policies about it, but communication is very important.
If you (whoever reads it) don't know what's the issue, then tell us so, we aren't going to eat you alive.
If you know that the problem exists and someone is already working on it, tell us, that's exactly what we want to know.
Likewise, if nobody is working on it, we would like to know it too, we have some other things to do until the things are going to get fixed.

But the silence is not good for your own company. Because we, the players, are assuming nobody even reads the forums and aren't even aware of the server problems, even if you are currently working hard to get it fixed. We will never know this and we will assume that you do not manage your servers properly. And thus some of us might start spreading the word that the game "sucks" and stop playing after some of these incidents themselves, denying you the income from their part and from the potential customers that had been lost because of those rumors. It's not a threat of sorts, is just a simple facts. I'm a gamer since '95, if someone says the game/servers are unstable and not taken care of, I don't even start it. Nor my friends do, as far as I know.

If it was answered in another thread, someone should point us there, closing these threads. because we might not have time to read through half a forum to find that bit of info.

Feedback. We are missing it.

Kimbert

17-08-2010

If they happen to deal with normal, ranked and practise games on the same servers, the fact that they allow for solo practise games now may have had something to do with the increased lag. Altough I barely noticed it myself.

Acidborne

17-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleSon78 View Post
Where are you from? I'm in bulgaria and got like 50ping. Also why are you trying to contact RIOT on the EU forums?
I am from the UK. I usually have around 30-50ish ms in LoL.

I am trying to contact Riot because as far as I am aware they now also host this game in EU, but regardless of whoever is running it on this end, I am just trying to get a response from whoever is “in charge.”