Critical Hit Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karthas

01-06-2010

I know it seems to be a noob question but I like to theorycraft in every game and I need exact data on everything. I could not find this information in FAQ or anywhere on the forums.

So my questions would be:
1. How much more damage do you do when you have a critical hit? Probably itís 200% damage when you crit but please confirm.
2. What actions can hit critical: only auto-attacks, only physical attacks or spells as well?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Project Insanity

01-06-2010

1) without runes or the item Infinity Edge it's 200% yes.
and 2) All right-click (auto) attacks can crit, there are a FEW spells that can crit, Gangplank's Parrley skill for example has the same chance to crit as all his other attacks, and does 200%(+) of the damage it normally does.

SandyFrink

Banned

01-06-2010

200% yes, with masteries 210%, with infinity another 50%. Runes can also add critical damage if you choose.

Some attack amplifiers can also crit, such as blitzcranks powerfist which can be pretty devastating if it crits, around 6 times your normal damage. Gangplank's Parley is the only real spell that can crit.

MaxPaul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2010

and shaco Q + passive autocrit ^^

Karthas

01-06-2010

Thanks for the replies.
Parrrley - even it's a spell - does physical damage and Power Fist also just doubles your normal auto-attack.
Does it mean that every spell which does physical damage can crit? OR Is there another way to find it out?

AngryMoldovan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthas View Post
Thanks for the replies.
Parrrley - even it's a spell - does physical damage and Power Fist also just doubles your normal auto-attack.
Does it mean that every spell which does physical damage can crit? OR Is there another way to find it out?
Usually such spells specify that they apply on hit effects and can/or crit. For example

Quote:
Gangplank shoots a target unit for 20/55/90/120/150 plus 110% of his attack damage as physical damage. Gangplank gains 3/5/7/9/11 extra gold if Parrrley deals a killing blow. This ability can crit and applies on hit effects.
as compared to...

Quote:
Thundering Shuriken - Kennen throws a fast moving shuriken towards a location, causing damage and adding a Mark of the Storm to any opponent that it hits.
Throws a shuriken that damages the first enemy it hits for 75/115/155/195/235 (+0.66) magic damage and adds a Mark of the Storm.