Smite vs The Lategame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bashorr

15-08-2010

When i play Warwick if have always the question how good is smite.

its a very good spell and you can jungle faster whit it.
that will give you faster xp and money = items.

i noticed that when you take smite, you have a strong early, and a very strong mid game,
but in the end/lategame the spell it tends to get weaker and weaker.

thats the point i want a ignite or something like that.

so i ask, what is youre experience?

res1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

15-08-2010

I use summoner spells as a "helping start": so to get quicker at higher lvls..

Also I think a strong midgame is probably most important: if you do well in mid, you can easily make a gab with the other team that they have to be lucky and you have to make a mistake if they want to win. - You can force them to defend (and thus you can eventually take the nashor).

Zim0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-08-2010

Since smite deals high damage to monsters and not champions, it is better in the beginning because your champion cannot deal much damage yet. In end-game, people could even skip it for finishing off boss monsters or buff monsters and rather go with an ability for the same damage.
So yes, Smite is EPICFACE in beg-mid game but I don't find it useful in end-game.

Edit: Smite can though be used to killsteal nashor in end-game.

BurntFaceMan

15-08-2010

Use early game advantages well enough and there wont be a late game. If there is, and you suck in it, you need to work harder during your early game.

Rhoda Issa

15-08-2010

If you are purple and you ward baron so you got vision on him, you can use smite to steal their buff if you time it well. You need to calculate the dmg smite does though, to prevent using it too early. Smite has its purposes even late game.

Bashorr

15-08-2010

its true. i played a warwick whit exhaust and smite (exhaust over flash),
and did my masteries 15/0/15, and in two games there was no lategame.

it was nice lvl up so fast and earning the money.

Ardentis

15-08-2010

One Smite per team is nice for stealing dragon / baron without risking your life.
Its also good against pets, so if you have to fight a Heimerdinger, Annie, Mordekaiser or Shaco (not absolutely sure about that one) you have a nice counter to them.
Also, pushing back Super Creeps is easier with Smite.

Jaylin

15-08-2010

The main purpose of Smite later in the game is to speed up killing buff creeps, and maybe to snag some gold quickly while passing through a minion wave. Yeah, its usefullness falls off, but look at it this way:

The purpose of Smite is to provide you with better jungling, giving your team another solo lane and therefore more XP. It allows you to utilize the jungle better early in the game and should end up providing a strong mid-game advantage if nobody screws up.

JumboBog320

15-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
The main purpose of Smite later in the game is to speed up killing buff creeps
This. Buff stealing. And as it was said it's great aginst pets. Tibbers and and a like.

Zizzi

15-08-2010

HAHA smite wit ww? HAHAAHHAHHA OK i can jungle lizard lvl 2 without smite ty very much