How to change game/launcher language

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Recom

01-06-2010

Hi, some of you might want to know how to change the game and launcher language (text and voices) without re-installing the whole game, read this !

First : the launcher !

Go to your game directory in the "Air" folder (my directory for example is E://League of Legends/Air/)
Open the properties file name "locale" with any notepad program

You should have something like "locale=xx_XX" in the file.

If you want the launcher in English change xx_XX by en_GB.
If you want the launcher in French change xx_XX by fr_FR.
If you want the launcher in Spanish change xx_XX by es_ES.
If you want the launcher in Deutsch change xx_XX by de_DE.

Now the game itself !

It's the same method.
Go in the Game folder, then in the CFG folder (E://League of Legends/Game/CFG/)
Open the "game" file with notepad.
On the second line you have "LanguageLocaleRegion=xx_XX", once again change the xx_XX by what you want !

How to change the voices only :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulasch Hanuta View Post
Well you can also change the voice of the game, but keep the text ger/spa/fr/en.

I will show this for english users who wants to hear the german sounds ingame (you can do it for every other language, it's just an example )
To do this you have to go to your \League of Legends\Game\DATA\Sounds\FMOD Folder and backup your VOBank_en_US.fsb and VOBank_de_DE.fsb (you should restore these both this, if there's a patch on his way) then you name the original VOBank_en_US.fsb "VOBank_de_DE.fsb" and vice versa.
This should change the sound of the game and leaves the original text like it was (in this case, english text and german sound)

I hope this could help someone who want's to play in another language
greeting gh
Here you are !

Ahri Nine Tails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

If that works then its very handy information as I've seen a few people wanting this.

+1 for you, even if you didn't make it up yourself

seven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Well you can also change the voice of the game, but keep the text ger/spa/fr/en.

I will show this for english users who wants to hear the german sounds ingame (you can do it for every other language, it's just an example )
To do this you have to go to your \League of Legends\Game\DATA\Sounds\FMOD Folder and backup your VOBank_en_US.fsb and VOBank_de_DE.fsb (you should restore these both this, if there's a patch on his way) then you name the original VOBank_en_US.fsb "VOBank_de_DE.fsb" and vice versa.
This should change the sound of the game and leaves the original text like it was (in this case, english text and german sound)

greeting gh

MatricusWrench

01-06-2010

If you want to change sth of the game, just take a look into the Help&Support forums... there will be released such tools or even modified clients with uncut content...

And the threads there are old (from the old forum...).

SamVimes

02-06-2010

It's not working for me in v1.0.0.86
It ignores what I set on LanguageLocaleRegion, though it worked before. Any hint?

Chairon

02-06-2010

+1

Recom

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulasch Hanuta View Post

greeting gh
Added to the OP, thank you !

Quote:
It's not working for me in v1.0.0.86
It ignores what I set on LanguageLocaleRegion, though it worked before. Any hint?
That's weird, I just checked and it's still working for me.
In which language was your game installed ?

JusticeReapeR

02-07-2010

tried it, seems like this method does not work anymore

Zyna Nexo

03-11-2010

Thx man this helped me out

Golerfyn

24-11-2010

thx alot it helped me too have been looking for help for over a month