Leaves from Queue Dodge in Normal Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SikTh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-08-2010

Riot, seriously. What the hell is up with this?

There is already a large punishment in the form of the time delay between queuing again which in my opinion is completely out of scale with the marginal time delay that affects the other 9 people, but...

Leaving and queue dodging are two entirely different things. One is a marginal annoyance, the other is absolutely game ruining (uneven from that point forward, can turn a win into a loss or a shut out any chance of a comeback). From the time perspective alone it takes everyone except the dodger 1-2 mins to requeue. A leave in a game potentially ruins at least 25+ (usually 40) minutes.

Please do not confuse the two, whether it is a bug or not. Dodging still has its uses and unfortunately is sometimes necessary to self moderate the people and compositions you play with. Leaving has no use.

Giving a normal game dodge a leave mark really negatively affects your record and peoples perception of you because of it - they can't tell the difference between a dodge (which is fine, imo) and a leave.

Is there any chance when this bug is fixed leaves will be reset?

furiousBEAR

13-08-2010

oh look it's this same whining again

duckie the cynic

13-08-2010

# Bug Fixes
# Fixed a bug where champion selections would sometimes have no champions to choose from
# Fixed issues where looking at another player's runebook sometimes showed your runepages
# Fixed an issue where you sometimes would not get the skin you selected.
# Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not transition from the "Waiting for Stats…" screen to the end of game stats screen
# Fixed a bug where queue dodging a Normal Game would result in a Leave
# Fixed a bug where queue dodging a Ranked game would only grant a Loss instead of both a Loss and and Leave
# Fixed a bug where disabling Champion Selection help tooptips was not working properly
# Fixed a bug where in rare cases a Summoner would be told that it was not their turn to pick when attempting to lock their selection
# Fixed a bug where Champion filters applied in the Summoner Profile would persist through into Champion Selection
# Fixed a bug where purchased Champions would not show up until logging out and back in
# Fixed a bug where in rare cases a team would receive a rating decrease if they won a game where one of their teammates had left
# Fixed a client crash

see it?.

its fixed.

SikTh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-08-2010

Great, it's fixed. But I still have 27 unsightly marks on my profile because of it. When I dodge I accept the responsibility and consequences of having to wait 10 minutes. I don't see why my account should be permanently negatively affected too.

Jozhua

13-08-2010

Just l2p instead of queue dodging, I have only queue dodged when a friend logged on and asked me to but thats the only case where Q.dodging is ok imo.

Kendros

13-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Jozhua View Post
Just l2p instead of queue dodging, I have only queue dodged when a friend logged on and asked me to but thats the only case where Q.dodging is ok imo.
*join game*
*choose galio*
"OMG i wanted to be Galio CHANGE NOW"
"sorry already locked it in man"
"OMG YOU NOOB"
*he picks ashe*
"I WILL FEED THE ENEMY TEAM NOW YOU NOOB"

Cause i should just stay in a game like that right?

D1am0ndback

13-08-2010

I had the same question as OP. I got 3 leaves that way :/

Of course I'm gonna queue dodge Eve, Ryze and Kog'maw.

Draco Denesti

13-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1am0ndback View Post
I had the same question as OP. I got 3 leaves that way :/

Of course I'm gonna queue dodge Eve, Ryze and Kog'maw.
Kog doesn't belong in this catagory.

pabechan

13-08-2010

Agreed with op.

(I've read that it is fixed now, so the following is just a "omfgdeathpenaltytoqueuedodge!!!QQ" anti-rant)

Now matter how much people whine about queue dodging in normal, it still is NOT EQUAL to an in-game leave/afk. A queue dodge is a minor annoyance, a leave/afk is possibly runing the game.