Buy runes or champions.. What do you do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Kim Jong Il

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2010

Heya,

I was wondering, do you buy a full runebook for a champion or buy a new champion everytime you have the IP?

Basically I buy a new champion everytime I have the IP, resulting in having 25 champions varying from 6300 IP all down to 450 IP.

The reason I do this is because I love trying out new heroes, and I'd like to be able to choose (So far I've played around 600 games and my most played champion has been played for 70 times..)

The problem here is, that I do not have a decent runebook, (I do have around 7% crit, 60 hp and 5 % cooldowns) but no specific runebook for a specific hero!

so.. what do you do?!

Monkbini

31-05-2010

If you don't have a specific champion as a main, don't buy tier 3 runes

But instead you can just buy a hell lot of tier 1 runes, which you can set for what ever champion your gonna play.

If you have a main, I would go ahead and buy tier 3 runes, to fill out atleast a page for that champion

Stupid Birdy

31-05-2010

Well, there are free champions, but there are no free runes, so you should buy runes in priority for the champions you find yourself playing the most. (Casters, Dps, Tanks...)

Echelia

31-05-2010

I bought five different kind of runes in my original rune book:

DPS:
- Armor pen reds
- Mana regen per level yellows
- cdr per level blues
- flat health quints

Magic:
- Magic pen reds
- mana regen per level yellows
- cdr per level blues
- flat health quints

I also have a set of dodge chance runes which I put in if I'm going to play a champion without mana or one who benefits from dodge (like tanks or jax).

So far, this setup has proven to be successful for me. However, I'm probably going to need to change it when the penetration system is revised.

Keli1n

31-05-2010

I usually main a champ and try getting the best with that certain champ I can. Usually involves me investing in runes that particulary good on that hero.

So basically I go: Hey let's try out this hero, looks fun and if I get hooked I'm thinkin what can I do to make him better.

Also I like to experiment a little on my heroes, get health regen on yellow for a change.

Most of my IP goes to runes, and rest goes to champs. Result is that I have cheap 1350/3150 champions mostly. Only 6.3 K champ I ever bought was corki, but then they gave him away for free =(.

cwap

01-06-2010

Ussually, I wake up with hangovers, and decide to spend all my IP on some weird champion because I'm still drunk. Then I play 2-3 games with him and go back to bed

The next day, I'm back to Alistar

Scyza

01-06-2010

I saved up for runes! Bought only 4 Champs I think... and they were cheap ones ^^

Lauz

01-06-2010

Started off with 2 or 3 champs (+ the 10 in rotation offc. , but i think when i started out all the champs were free for a few weeks, so i kinda knew which ones to buy), and then completed both rune books. One for dps and one for mages. They both share the same quints and yellows btw, and skipped lvl 2 runes, cause lvl 1 are almost free, and lvl 3 are a "real" step bigger.
also used the rune combiner to get my lvl 1 runes into higher ones, but often they are not the ones you are looking for

GhostGR4

01-07-2010

what runes should i get for fiddlesticks out of tier1 and later tier 2????

Izri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Get lvl1 Runes. They are cheap and you still get enough IP for the champions of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGR4 View Post
what runes should i get for fiddlesticks out of tier1 and later tier 2????
Well i would say:
Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Manreg per Level
Blue: Cooldown Reduction per Level
Quint: Flat Health