Corki--- AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuschAG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2010

Hey guys i bought corki and i play him in the moment on ad. Ya i know my last games are lost but i have to say my team was not the best :P

What do you think? Which build is better? are they equal?

In my opinion ad corki is nice because his gatling gun makes really high damage but you have to stay near on enemies.

Now the stage is yours!

xozeneguerPT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2010

well both are good, u should go AD if ur team has a lot of casters, or AP if ur team has lots of carrys, but personally i like AP more, huge dmg rockets ^^.

Euko

31-05-2010

Ok well i recently bought Corki and have played him basically all of the time since..

Here's my build and thoughts..;

Early game

I start off with Doran's Sheild & HP pot because Corki is very squishy.. You must be very careful not to die, and just focus on harassing with Phos bomb and normal attacks. Kills are not extremely important with Corki, but that's not to say don't go in for the kill if you can. By the time you need to recall buy Berserker Greaves and 1x hp & mana pot. From here you should be trying to gank and if you're not ganking you should be trying to last hit and gain as much gold as possible.

Mid Game

So you've saved up for a BF sword, this is where Corki starts to shine as an AD champion. When fighting wait for the enemy team to focus someone, then hit your Gatling Gun, Phos Bomb & Spam your ulti, you should start seeing the enemies dropping. Keep your Valkyre skill ready just incase the enemies overpower your teammate and focus you.

Late Game

Now this is all subject but here's what i do if the games going well and your being careful, making sure you're not being focused. If the ganking/teamfights have gone well, i would have purchased another BF sword & Rylai's Scepter. This causes you to become insane, your Gatling Gun now deals tons of damage, and slows the enemy from the rylai's passive. Nobody will want to 1v1 you and that's fine, because all of Corki's skills are AoE and he excels in teamfights.

Final Items

BF Sword
Rylai's Scepter
Black Cleaver
Berserker Greaves
Frozen Mallet (If you have enough cash -- The extra hp, slow & damage helps)

Final thoughts

- Surviving early game is more important than risking your death

- AP is good for harassing but late game becomes weak, but with Phos Bomb having 0.5 ap ratio, Valk 0.4 and his ulti 0.3 it's really not worthwhile.

- Corki is an under-rated champion, and he can be quite tricky to play but with practice he can be a force to be wreckened with.

It's all about character positioning and zone control with Corki, keep out of being focused then release some pain when given half the chance!

Goodluck!

ram9n

Recruiter

01-06-2010

ad
/10chars

PinkKing

10-06-2010

zomg your build is the best me an team set up a clan war and i was doiminating the game and they wern`t noobs ty for help soory for my bag english

Archnezumi

10-06-2010

AD is the only viable way to play Corki.

21/9/0

Marks: Armor Pen
Seals: Dodge
Glyphs: Mana regen/18
Quints: Flat HP

Build:

Merc boots
Catalyst
Infinity edge
Last whisper
Black Cleaver
Zeal

God of Battle

11-06-2010

I found out AD with Trinity Force and Guinsoo's (though Guinsoo's is situational) works best for me, so basically a kind of hybrid with an emphasis on AD. I think pure AP is a waste because of his passive and Gatling Gun which make him an excexptional good physical nuker.

mYi Aspartem

11-06-2010

AD with focus on Gatling is usually the way to go.

Trinity Force -> Black Cleaver

At least that was Tom's + Osafts build iirc. It really works like a breeze. There were discussion about if you should get Catalyst before or not; you can, but only if you don't delay your other stuff.
Trinity Force is because 1. the slow is great 2. the overall stats are nice 3. Corki is hardcoded to do an autoattack after each cast instantly resulting in a very good use of the buff.

Try to get solo mid if possible, he needs the farm and is an incredible good carry.
I just remember i've to play him more again^^