Update speed.!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ciberman

06-08-2010

When I start game and i download patchs its a big problem.The patch lol.3b game 8/48 start downloading with speed 460 kb/s.But after 1 min speed go down to 15 kb/s.I need to turn off game and again start.And again i have 460 kb/s for 1 min and the same again.It is retard to i must all the time restart application.You can make some folder in game where the patches will saved to we can download from some site and paste them because this is just for idiots!
--....--

SDMarukokun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

game and patch download uses peer to peer (p2p) == less bandwidth use for Riot themselves == cheaper for them.
Result: at the start of the download you might even be downloading parts from 100+ computers at the same time,
while for example the "last" part can obviously only be downloaded from 1 location. ;-)
(if the computers you're getting the last few parts from have low upload bandwidth, you can of course
end up with single digit kilobyte download speeds for those last bits.)
If you stop, restart, stop, restart etc. you are just wasting other downloaders' uploads of parts, so don't do that. :-(

Things Riot might be able to do:
- make the part size smaller, so you can get parts from more computers for longer
- have their servers prefer sending to people at 99+% of the download and have the client
prefer the Riot servers as source at 99+% completion

(OTOH: the slowing at the end makes those peers share a little longer, which is to
the benefit of the others downloading the patch...)

Tsuku

08-08-2010

click option and un-check peer to peer transfer and set limits to [1] for Upload & [0] for Download , note that [0] is unlimited

I return to surf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-04-2011

Do exactly what Tsuku said! Before i did as he said my speed capped at around 20-24 KBps but now its around 500 kbps i'm so happy!

Studsaren

25-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuku View Post
click option and un-check peer to peer transfer and set limits to [1] for Upload & [0] for Download , note that [0] is unlimited
So were do i change upload to [1] and download to [0] ? i fount the peer to peer in the option but there is no change upload or download speed there?