Auto-Locking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterKnight

24-06-2011

You should not be able to immediately lock your slot in champion selection. There is no reason to set yourself ready when your allies have not even picked, given that this is a team game players have to attune to. So this is just rude to grab a champion and confirm, not paying attention to others or you even may want to reconsider your choice then.

I suggest to enable locking only after the players on your side have selected a hero. It would not make sense before anyway because the game won't start until everyone has chosen or time expires. Also, 90 seconds are not that long.

stevo115

24-06-2011

Sorry I play this game to play the champ I want. What people have to realise is you don't need a tank to win.... DO NOT need a tank to win.

Me and my team think this way. Teamplay > Team setup. So I will continue to auto lock as I do well every time with my champion of choice.

Barnanas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-06-2011

90 seconds is a fine amount of time. But I agree with what you're saying, I played a game earlier where everyone but me and one other person didn't lock in on champion selection, everyone else did it instantly, I then picked Teemo even though they all shouted at me to pick a tank, I simply picked Teemo to prove a point of showing consideration. We ended up winning the game, but a lot of the time I don't when people insta lock in.

Barnanas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Sentinel View Post
Sorry I play this game to play the champ I want. What people have to realise is you don't need a tank to win.... DO NOT need a tank to win.

Me and my team think this way. Teamplay > Team setup. So I will continue to auto lock as I do well every time with my champion of choice.
But that means people then have to pick around your pick, no one can negotiate because you've already locked in.

I mean, what if someone picks a tank, then everyone else insta locks with all AP? It's an assured lose, their team could easily just stack a bit of magic res and then you're a useless team.

Venomblades

24-06-2011

Would it make a difference?

People who may reconsider their pick usually dont lock in before they see what the teammates are playing and instalockers wont change their pick anyway.

WaterKnight

24-06-2011

If you want your champ so badly, you can rest on him but yes the scenario is not that rare that one locks in and commands the others to pick a certain class. You should be able to communicate and not just "bear with it". And yes, there are these times when you lock in, ally changes mind and thus you want to reselect too.

@Venomblades: Like I said, it is just a way of behaving that there is still the possibility to change.

Venomblades

24-06-2011

Quote:
And yes, there are these times when you lock in, ally changes mind and thus you want to reselect too.
And your suggestion of enabling locking in only after teammates have picked a champ would change that situation how?

WaterKnight

24-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomblades View Post
And your suggestion of enabling locking in only after teammates have picked a champ would change that situation how?
That people speak to each other before jumping the gun. And usually it takes some time until the last one has chosen. For all i care, locking could be removed in its whole. There are only 90 seconds that you may spend thinking. Loading time and until first wave approaches etc are the bigger slice.

hoizi35

24-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Sentinel View Post

And you are making others have to pick around your champ. I mean, if you are playing as premade, and your friends don't care about it, insta lock as much as you want. But if you are playing solo, this is just plain rude.
And yes, teamplay IS more important. That is, unless you have 5 AP squishies.

Also, there IS a difference between insta locking and picking a champ and not adjusting to the team.
For me, instalockers are like: I wanna play XXX and you can go **** yourselves if you are not cool with that.
Others may pick a champ, and be like: I wanna play XXX, but if it is REALLY a bad pick for this team, I may switch.
Is there no difference in these 2 cases?

unseine

24-06-2011

its a normal game pick what you want im still gonna play w.e i wants