Flip camera for Team Purple

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scyza

Senior Member

31-05-2010

I think this has been suggested before in the "old" EU forums... but still, I'd like to suggest it again - would it be possible to just flip the camera for team purple by default so that you start in the lower left corner like team blue?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imrooniel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

31-05-2010

or even better - free rotation camera. So you can have it even on side if you like to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xPhenomen

Banned

31-05-2010

Quote:
Flip camera for Team Purple
yeah! purple team has so stupid disadvantage...
Quote:
free rotation camera
no.. free rotation isnt for LoL.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

31-05-2010

i never have any problems on the pruple side O_o
whats this disadvantage you speak of


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scyza

Senior Member

31-05-2010

I think free rotation isn't a very good solution because people might get confused with calling miss then. What's top for you might be bot for another player.

@Blayne, I just can't see where I'm going as well when I'm playing "downwards" cause the interface is covering half of the screen. Need to scroll more. Moving upwards on the map just feels more natural and easier somehow. I know that it doesn't bother everyone, but for others (like me) it's really annoying, I absolutely hate having to play on Team Purple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gronnster

Junior Member

31-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyza View Post
I think free rotation isn't a very good solution because people might get confused with calling miss then. What's top for you might be bot for another player.

@Blayne, I just can't see where I'm going as well when I'm playing "downwards" cause the interface is covering half of the screen. Need to scroll more. Moving upwards on the map just feels more natural and easier somehow. I know that it doesn't bother everyone, but for others (like me) it's really annoying, I absolutely hate having to play on Team Purple.
I'd assume the map would stay the same. Camera rotation and map usually are two unrelated things


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xerxeras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

31-05-2010

Just flipping the map by 180 will be confusing, because baron and dragon will switch sides.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scyza

Senior Member

31-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronnster View Post
I'd assume the map would stay the same. Camera rotation and map usually are two unrelated things
You are talking about the minimap? That would be even more confusing then, wouldn't it? Although you are right, it is handled that way in other games, would only take some getting used to I guess.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxeras View Post
Just flipping the map by 180 will be confusing, because baron and dragon will switch sides.
I'd gladly accept Baron and Dragon switching sides (as well as the other neutral mobs) if I could always start in the lower left corner.

Maybe each mob (or at least Dragon and Baron) could get a specific icon on the map instead of just the skull to keep people from confusing them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tuoppi

Senior Member

31-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
i never have any problems on the pruple side O_o
whats this disadvantage you speak of
You see less at the bottom of the screen because of the UI, especially if you don't change the UI scaling options. Which means that the blue team sees where the enemy is coming better than the purple team. Also it's more natural to advance to right and up than left and down.

They had statistics about this that showed that blue team has a higher chance of winning. Those were before they implemented the options to scale the UI. That probably helped somewhat, but the blue team still probably has a higher win chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mareep

Senior Member

31-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuoppi View Post
You see less at the bottom of the screen because of the UI, especially if you don't change the UI scaling options. Which means that the blue team sees where the enemy is coming better than the purple team. Also it's more natural to advance to right and up than left and down.

They had statistics about this that showed that blue team has a higher chance of winning. Those were before they implemented the options to scale the UI. That probably helped somewhat, but the blue team still probably has a higher win chance.
I've never actually thought of it like that xD But yeah, when I play on the blue team I normally always win^_^