Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Recent Server Stability Issues in Europe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

06-23-2011

Riot’s mission is to be the most player-focused company in the world. League of Legends has grown from an idea to a worldwide phenomenon at a pace that’s both thrilling and humbling. Our player base is now several million strong and spans over a dozen countries. Unfortunately, this has garnered us some extra attention from cyber bullies. Some of which has been detrimental to your gaming experience.

You’ve probably heard rumors of the DDoS attacks that we’ve been experiencing. Unfortunately, these rumors have been a reality, and are a big part of why our service has been suffering. We’ve been working around the clock to maintain stability, but the malicious nature of our internet assailants have made that difficult.

In any case, we understand that the service that we’ve been providing you has been unacceptable and we will not rest until we provide the phenomenal service that you all deserve. So to thank you for your patience during this period, we’re happy to provide the following:

• 550 RP to every summoner who has logged in between 12:00 a.m. CEST on June 1st, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. CEST on June 23rd, 2011
  • Leaver amnesty from games going back to June 1st. Many disconnections weren’t your fault, and we don’t want unintended leaves to reflect negatively on you.

We know that the best form of compensation we could provide you with is consistently stable access to League of Legends, but as we strive to make that a reality, we want to give you this as a token of our appreciation for your patience and support. Also know that a long-term fix to these stability issues is on the horizon, and we’ll have more information regarding these coming changes in the near term.

In the meantime, thank you for your support, your passion, and your patience.

Edit: We will begin distributing the 550 RP on June 24th and we currently anticipate all RP to be distributed by July 1st.

Tamat

Lead Community Manager

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

06-23-2011

Thank you for your support and patience everyone. We really do care about your experience, and we're not sleeping very well right now because this is such a problem. We're going to fix this for you.

TitoFTW

Recruiter

06-23-2011

NICE! Thx

Athessu

06-23-2011

Sneaky edit there Tamat.

On a more serious note 550RP is actually going to go quite a long way to easing some of the tension, the only other thing I think anybody reasonable could ask for is more regular updates on things like this.

If DDoS attacks really have happened as far back as June the 1st and are possibly still happening it's been something that has really lacked official updates and news explaining that fact, I know you've all been busy with dreamhack but it's something to think about.

renegade826

06-23-2011

Thanks Guys

Xenasis

06-23-2011

Nice! I'm completely satisfied with Tryndamere posting here.

I bet you these two won't post on the EU forums for at least 2 more months (or until the next server issues) though...

Meh, maybe I'm just cynical.

Edit: Also, give Ymir a pay rise. Please.

OhWhatNo

06-23-2011

Woot

Hiperayon

06-23-2011

**** those cyber bullies.

We should have already been informed of these attacks .....

Anyway, wish you guys are able to solve our problems. Soon we'll all be able to play this game we love so much =D

Edit: Also, you should give Ymir a bigger pay check this month. As someone has said on another post: Ymir the brave tank. Holding aggro of the entire EU community by himself !!! He deserves that.

Cheeseiznice

06-23-2011

Awesome, I don't see why people would want to DDoS LoL... anyway thanks for the RP and i hope your servers will be up and fully stable again in the near future!

SliZM

06-23-2011

Still not satisfied.... what's the excuses for before the 'DDoS attacks' ?