The Counter Pick Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelGibson

05-08-2010

Let all the wisdom Gather here. (This thread is only about Ranked Games)

So far the "Problematic champions" have been Heimer, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Ezreal, Shaco, Taric, Soraka, Kassadin, Katarina, Shen, Rammus, Amumu, Annie(Flash ignite mid)
They make my entire team in solo queue go like "awwwww Christ Tucker mfker."
__________________________________________________ ______________
Heimer Counters:
Karthus(can destroy turrets from a far)
Sivir (Ricochet pretty much handles the turrets with boucnes - be sure to level it first)
Morgana(Anti turret ground)
Tryndamere, Xin Shao
let 3 of your team mates get Exhaust and it's pretty much GG even if they have cleanse, which anyone rarely even uses. Exhaust really screwed over physicals except Ezreal and Corki who don't care about the exhaust, Q & E will still finish you off in 2 seconds.

Interested in What other Counter Techniques people have developed that actually help win games. and how do people counter Annie/Shaco/Ezreal/Akali

TheTofiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

ez can easly counter heimer since q range (ad build ofc)
trynda->get exhaust and ignite-hes dead
katarina->any disable (silence or stun) and she has useless ulti (same for nunu)
soraka-> focus soraka and enemy is dead (simple)
akali and ez-> stun and silence and they die easy as pie:3

basicaly all squishy mages die from cc:P

Mex Rippa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

heimer counters - vladimir, he can decimate his turrets at about lvl 8 if vlad maxes out his transfusion(he can two shot the turrets while healing enough to /care about the damage)... you do have to be carefull tho that you aren't getting destroyed by his other towers tho

idijotaz

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTofiq View Post
ez can easly counter heimer since q range (ad build ofc)
trynda->get exhaust and ignite-hes dead
katarina->any disable (silence or stun) and she has useless ulti (same for nunu)
soraka-> focus soraka and enemy is dead (simple)
akali and ez-> stun and silence and they die easy as pie:3

basicaly all squishy mages die from cc:P
CC is a counter to any champ, so i dont think you should even mention it here.

D1am0ndback

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelGibson View Post
Let all the wisdom Gather here. (This thread is only about Ranked Games)

So far the "Problematic champions" have been Heimer, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Ezreal, Shaco, Taric, Soraka, Kassadin, Katarina, Shen, Rammus, Amumu, Annie(Flash ignite mid)
They make my entire team in solo queue go like "awwwww Christ Tucker mfker."
Heimer Counters:
Karthus(can destroy turrets from a far)
Sivir (Ricochet pretty much handles the turrets with boucnes - be sure to level it first)
Morgana(Anti turret ground)
Tryndamere, Xin Shao
let 3 of your team mates get Exhaust and it's pretty much GG even if they have cleanse, which anyone rarely even uses. Exhaust really screwed over physicals except Ezreal and Corki who don't care about the exhaust, Q & E will still finish you off in 2 seconds.

Interested in What other Counter Techniques people have developed that actually help win games. and how do people counter Annie/Shaco/Ezreal/Akali
Heimer - yet to figure this one out. He outfarms everything and is very hard to gank
Tryndamere - a well timed exhaust
Xin Zhao - ?
Ezreal - Staying behind creeps. No easy counter in teamfights
Shaco - Ban
Taric - Do anything for him to be unable to attack minions. It can be hard
Soraka - Never seen her as a big issue. Take 2 ignites maybe 3. If needed even Execuitoner's calling.
Kassadin - Dont let him far early. His early game is wack but if he gets fed he can be devastating. Just be careful with him so he doesn't get fed
Katarina - Silence, taunt, stun
Shen -
Rammus - What do you need to counter here?
Amumu - When there's a chance he'll try to initiate - don't stay close together.
Annie - Yet to figure this one out.

---
my personal opinion

Battlecruiser

05-08-2010

D1am0nduck:

Heimer - Pantheon and ashe can EASILY gang this.
Xin - Malzahar counters him through silence and ulti once he charges in.
Taric - Silence him after 4-5 seconds into his ulti, he'll run out of mana so quick then.
Shaco - Twisted Fate + sb who can silence

m3adow

05-08-2010

Amumu is quite a good Anti tank with his %hp damage dealing ability.

When playing Shen he's often the biggest problem when he knows how to play.

RoidRaceR

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by idijotaz View Post
CC is a counter to any champ, so i dont think you should even mention it here.
Olaf?

Spacekoek

05-08-2010

Poppy seems like a pretty nice heimer counter in team fights.

When Heimer is camping at his turrets, use your diplomatic immunity on some champ that doesnt pose much of a threat, pop ghost/ your w/ anything else you have and run into his turrets (they will do 0 damage). If you can charge heimer into some terrain you can usually kill him, but even if you cant (flash+zonyas ring or whatever), you're still tanking the turrets and your team can nuke some other champ safely.

Not sure how viable Poppy is in ranked games though, havn't seen many.

Also stunning him when he's moving in to throw his grenade can catch one off guard once in awhile.

Thugblader

05-08-2010

The strongest Anti-Heimer and laner holder in the game is Nunu if you ask me. The only one who can rival it would be Mordekaiser (the lane holder part). People forget about him due to his simplicity, low price and under usage, yet I have yet to meet anyone counter me when I play nunu. The trickiest so far who have been close to beating me at the lane was a masterfull Kennen player, which there are very few of in general due to the majority of the populace insolence when it comes to the part of "Easy to learn Hard to master".

At any rate, don't underestimate Nunu, he got so much potentional which not many can grasp it's unbelieveable.