How to build nasus ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Djru

03-08-2010

hey guys
Ive just started playing 2days ago, and like any other game i want to perform my best when playing. So what are nasus really good for, ive found out that they are quite good to push and do some big dmg when using Sands with SS

But when going for items what should i go for? HP, MANA, AP, ect?

And what about runes, again what should i be looking for the build the best nasus?

please help

Kodain

04-08-2010

Right uh... If you started playing 2 days ago you're not very high lvl I assume and got not that highly huge amount of cash either.

I would not recommend buying runes until lvl 20 when you can get mark 3 runes.
As for masteries well... At low lvl I'd focus on getting hp and mana regen in the utility tree, with improved ghost.
When you actually do get to lvl 20 and get mark 3 runes, I'd go for ArP marks, dodge seals, and mp5/level glyphs or flat CDR, alternatively swap the dodge seals for mp5/level: Nasus' spells cost a fair deal of mana and his mana pool is quite low, so having that extra regen helps you until end of mid-game when you should actually manage. The ArP is for his SS that you should use to last hit creeps to power it up.

As for skills I consider Cleanse a must for Nasus, and after that it varies: Some use Ignite, some use Heal, I personally use Ghost since Nasus is fairly slow. At lvl 30 I'd be looking into a 0/17/13 build for improved Cleanse and more hp, along with mana regen, or scratch the mana regen from the talents and go for 0/21/9 for more survivability.

Item-wise I start out with a Doran's Shield and a hp pot, then get lvl 1 boots and rush for Aegis of the Legion. Once done with that, I got for either Merc. Threads or Ninja Tabi depending on enemy setup. Lastly, go for Sheen to power up your SS.
This is a pretty basic core build for Nasus that many use. After those, it varies greatly on the opposite team: If they pack lots of physical dps and focus you you can pick a Thornmail, if they pack lots of physical but don't really bother you a lot, you can get a Sunfire Cape to bolster your ulti. If they pack magic, you can get a banshee's or Force of Nature. If you're in need of dps you can get a Phantom Dancer or upgrade your Sheen into a Trinity Force.

There's nothing really as "the best" Nasus build, but the aforementioned core is fairly common, and I'd highly recommend Aegis and Sheen at least, if you wish to play Nasus. Then whether if you want to play him as a tank, a semi-tank, or a glass cannon, is up to you.

More or less all I just said can be found, in a more organized way, here: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...petitive+Nasus

Skattgrímur

04-08-2010

There are other options also, though I do agree with every letter in Kodains post (no comment on the runes since I dont have enough information myself to make any statement in that regard).

When I play Nassus, and I play him sometimes. I usually go for the goblet. Starting with the meki pendant, and a couple of health bottles. This should keep you in lane indefintly, or until you want to go back home. Go home and finish buying the chalice of harmony, and buy shen. It helps you use the syphon more effectively, and gives a slight boost to your desecrate.

Next item I get is very team related, and Nasus can go DPS or Tank (or a glass cannon, Im going to try that one a couple of times when I get home). However, one thing I always get on him and thats the boots of mobility. With his desecrate, Nassus is tHe best farmer in the game, and you can push and farm yourself crazy with him.

Skattgrímur

04-08-2010

Just read the guide refered to, read it http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...petitive+Nasus
guide, it is perfect. Fun to read, easy to understand, and accessable for all skill levels. If your interested in Nassus, read it, nuff said.

Jaylin

04-08-2010

First of all, ignore the guy who told you to wait until level 20 to start buying runes. lvl 1-20 use T1 runes - dirt cheap and about 60% as effective as T3. There is no excuse for having empty rune slots. At 20, start buying T3 runes, skip T2.

As for building Nasus, spec him into utility for mana regen (about 11 points), rest in defense. Once you have about 10-20 mana/5 from masteries/runes, you can skip mana regen items completely. Get Cleanse and Ghost. Armor Pen Reds, Dodge or mana/5/lvl yellows, mana/5/lvl or cooldown or magic resist blues, flat health quints.

As for items,
Doran's Shield + Health Pot
Chalice of Harmony - This gets left out later on when your talents/masteries give you enough regen
Boots 1
Aegis of the Legion/Sheen
Merc Treads
Aegis of the Legion/Sheen (whichever you didn't build before)

There, that's your core build. If you want damage, build Trinity Force and Stark's. For tanking, the usual suspects like Banshee's, Sunfire, Guardian Angel.