help with custom skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragz007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-05-2010

Just found best skin ive ever seen and i downloaded it just wanted to know where do put it in client files? file name is Pirate.dss ive never used custom skins so i dont know. thanx

Monkbini

30-05-2010

I hope for you that it's a dds file?

Either way

Go to C:\Program Files\League of Legends\Game\DATA (your excat location may be different)

Anyway, inside the DATA folder, you create a folder called "Characters" (without the "")
Inside this, you create yet another folder, this time by the name of your champion, but be aware, it might not be the actually name that you see.

Ashe as a eg. is called bowmaster, and TF is cardmaster

Either way, call the folder the name of yoru champion and place the dds file in side of this

Fragz007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2010

yeah pirate.dds was for gangplank and its one of best skinns ive ever seen so wanted to use it il try your way after my game finishes

Monkbini

31-05-2010

Remember the name of the dds file, needs to match the name of the original skin, or it won't load.

Fragz007

31-05-2010

it owrked i just made Characters > Pirate inside Pirate.dss and now i got my pearl gangplank tnx m8