Most and least popular champions on dreamhack- summary

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImKilaya

21-06-2011

So... I noticed that dremhack was dominated by very few champions out of what lol has to offer... counting champions that appeared more than once we've seen only 34 champions out of 77... that's less than a half, and some of that number appeared only twice. Counting also the champs that appeared once we've seen 46 champions... imo that's bad sign, WHERE IS THE OTHER HALF? Not viable? (Counted from the games 18, 19, 20 of June). This is 28 games.

Champions that appeared more than once- 34
Champions that appeared more than twice- 30
Champions that appeared on the tournament- 46
Champions that weren't present at all- 31

Most popular champions-
Nunu and Janna (18 games)
Ashe (17)
Malzahar (16)
Corki and Sona (15)
Jarvan and Alistar (13)
Warwick (11)
Taric and Amumu (10)
Anivia (9)

Least popular champions- I would call them accidents, or experiments- Kssadin, Mordekaiser, Akali, Urgot, Poppy, Garen, Blitzcrank, Lux, Gangplank, Sion, Mundo, Rammus (1 game).

My thoughts? LoL is not balanced... or top players are very narrow-minded. Support class was dominated by only 3 champions. AD carry class was domiated by 2 (!!!!) champions. There were no real tanks present at all besides Amumu (!!!). No Shen, Rammus in one game, and did very bad. Tanking was done by tanky dps like Jarvan or Irelia... This is bad and imo some changes need to be made. I don't consider Corki and Ashe op, they are just very strong in high elo games, where team is coordinated (ashe's arrow for example or corki's ability to farm), but Jarvan and Irelia imo must be nerfed. Did you see what these players were doing with them?

tl;dr- lol is not balanced, less than half of champions were present on dreamhack.

Renovation Dude

21-06-2011

u forgot vayne...

MelGibson

21-06-2011

I find this post difficult to mastrubate to.

ImKilaya

21-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcooooN View Post
u forgot vayne...
Vayne was present only in 8 games, so not so much (along with Annie, Miss Fortune, and Brand).

Ryokabg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-06-2011

Akali??
Accident/experiment?
She was banned in every EPIK match

Beiz

21-06-2011

You completely disregarded bans in the equation, that's 6 champs in each game, where as Rumble and Twisted Fate etc was banned in almost every game.

Mordekaiser was played only once (by Xan), because everyone knows how good they are with him, and hence banned him (not experimental, as you suggest). I believe Singed was the same story because of Dyrus and Gragas/Alistar because of Shushei.

Some picks were simply for counter-picking as the opposing team were good with said champ, and some were banned because of the same reasons.

VietJunior

21-06-2011

You forgot Captain Teemo

ImKilaya

21-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beiz View Post
You completely disregarded bans in the equation, that's 6 champs in each game, where as Rumble and Twisted Fate etc was banned in almost every game.

I know, but since they are not visible in the match summaries on the website, I can't really do anything with that...

ImKilaya

21-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokabg View Post
Akali??
Accident/experiment?
She was banned in every EPIK match
Ok. One player good with her. Not an argument, if a champion itself would be op other would played her as well. As I said, couldn't include bans in my post, Rumble was banned all the time.

VietJunior---> Captain Teemo was on duty in two games played by RainMan

Robako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-06-2011

And I don't understand why you qq about tanks - this tournament just proved something known from some time: they are useless, unless you give them some dmg. Tanky dps/good initiator ftw.

And yes, you should do some rankings with bans as well.