Huge FPS Drops every few minutes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grinwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-07-2010

Hey!

First of all I know that this is an Help&Support Issue and I should have posted it there, but since most of the players only check General Discussion I give it a try here. Plus Ive checked search function and noone had a solution for this problem until now while several players have the same issues.

So, I have had 60 FPS pretty much always since I started playing LoL and 1000 games went totally fine. Since few patches (3 or so) I got HUGE FPS drops several to many times a game, means FPS drops below 15 or even below 10 for a few minutes and then, out of a sudden all is perfectly fine again (mostly after I die -.-).

I really would appreciate some help with this issue cause I am quite sure that it is NOT my PC causing the problems cause it was perfectly fine all the time. And my PC isnt full of **** datas and so on, tbh i only got LoL and some small progs on it and Win 7.

Thx for help!

Grinwolf

Sir Kim Jong Il

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-07-2010

I have these 2, I fix them by closing and opening my laptop, it makes me loose 5 seconds but gets me 60 fps again!

Grinwolf

30-07-2010

Bump

Sephirotica

30-07-2010

Try defragmenting your drive.
See if some computer parts are overheating while you play, perhaps your cooler(s) are dusty.

RevolRevol

30-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirotica View Post
Try defragmenting your drive.
See if some computer parts are overheating while you play, perhaps your cooler(s) are dusty.
its game sided, not a pc, like a well known fps drop in winter map.
moreover s1 bring us the new 1-2fps mode. game loads and u cant get more than few fps so all the game is very laggy till u restart client. it happened twice to me and few times to teamates.

Bibidiboo

30-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommos View Post
I have these 2, I fix them by closing and opening my laptop, it makes me loose 5 seconds but gets me 60 fps again!
This means your laptop is overheating ><

duckie the cynic

30-07-2010

Grinwolf same happened to me a few times, only in winter SR..

im walkin around then a HUGE fps drop comes by, i get ganked by 3-4 ppl, when the fps comes back up the death timer is already counting :P

not nice, always had 60 fps, never less..

and last few times my game would even freeze, cuz it gets to 8 fps or so.

Wurstpirat

30-07-2010

I m experiencing something similar since the last patch :/

Before I always had a constant 60 fps with maybe some drops to 50ish fps but now i often get slowdowns to in some cases even 15 fps which is really annoying

I dont think its my PCs fault so they probably changed something.

Grinwolf

31-07-2010

Bump

Zungate

31-07-2010

Tab out - close browser - tab back in.

Works for me.