Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tutorial: LoL in Wine (Linux)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naeg

06-09-2010

Quote:
Synthoraz:
Hm, this doesnt work for me. I habd an 64bit-Ubuntu, so i use a 32-bit-chroot. But when i want to start LoL. is like DirectX is missing, when using Windows. Nothing happens. Any ideas?

I am not sure what the problem is exactly, but maybe your chroot can't start applications using X. How do you start applications with a GUI in the chroot? schroot?
Try to start some other application with a GUI.

Quote:
Zioknarf:

But when i launch the launcher, it keeps loading. (img attached)

The log is from LoL, right? What does Wine give you as outuput?

Zioknarf

06-09-2010

The log is from the command
[CODE]#wine lol.patcher.exe[/CODE]

I have attached an image which show what i got.

I'm under the last version of ubuntu. Don't know if it's important.

naeg

06-09-2010

Try to start "lol.launcher.exe" with wine This is actually the client which checks server-status and lets you login. No need for starting the patcher by hand.

Zioknarf

06-09-2010

Quote:
naeg:
Try to start "lol.launcher.exe" with wine This is actually the client which checks server-status and lets you login. No need for starting the patcher by hand.

Oups i misstyped, i start lol.launcher.exe with wine.

naeg

06-09-2010

Then try to press on the "Logs"-Button on the left side of the LoL-Launcher. Maybe you can find something in there?

Zioknarf

06-09-2010

The logs or options buttons don't work.
It seems that i have miss somthing but i don't know what. I have done all steps without error or warning :'(

Zioknarf

06-19-2010

I try with wine 1.2 rc2 (and your patches) and now launcher works

Edit :
game works
chat ingame freeze the client, so don't speak when u're playing
chat when u choose hero works
there is some graphical bug but some change in cfg files can resolve some problems :

copied pasted form : http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19141

Quote:
Although not a real fix, a temporary solution for the ugly shadows under champion names is to disable them. Since there's no GUI option to do this, you need to edit one of the configuration .ini files.

Open "Game.cfg" (found in "/League of Legends/game/DATA/CFG/defaults/&quot and edit in each of the sections [FriendlyNameTag], [EnemyNameTag] and [PlayerNameTag] the Glow key to 0 (by default it is 2). That will disable the shadows under the champion/player names.

and
Quote:
To fix this, once again open "Game.cfg" (found in "/League of Legends/game/DATA/CFG/defaults/&quot, find [MouseOverEffect] and set "Style" to 0 (it should be 2 now).

This will disable all the glows. A style of 1 will still show a glow but won't animate it. FPS however still drop, even when not animated.

Note that this does make the game look a bit different (if you're used to things glowing around you).

TehSharpie

07-06-2010

Ubuntu 10.04 lucid, newest stable apt-get upgrades, wine through winehq repository, wintricks.sh with recommended applications and more, wine set winxp dx9 etc...

"LeagueofLegendsEUDownloader.exe" won't work; the log reveals that last executions were java related.

Will try to install with win764 and get a copy of the installed/updated client working.

Its disappointing, HoN is not my choice but it *has* the support. Cedega Community will be an option for me but the bugs will remain or nearly be the same. I will NOT get the sources and recompile/compile wine from scratch with two fixes to get only this game working, i have other software running, that is important to me. The Adobe Air **** is F***c*ing up most Installers/Applications, VBRuntime and libs, etc alike.

Most important, even if it works, whre is the fun if i cant start a flamewar ingame? This ist about 20-80%, depending on situation, fun out of the game. There are times you need to chat, srsly!

TehSharpie

07-29-2010

Update, so i didnt got a copy running. So i decided to recompile with the 2 patches, did the whole thing. Installed clean with winetricks recommended extras and no result, only the error after accepting the eula's.

But, i wont accept defeat

Last replies are a shine of hope from the us of a: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=5204&page=21

What pushed me down again, was no progress after recompile and/or using the steps and hints from winehq and i have found in the forums. To get it working without chat would be at least a step forward. And i was sure to got there quickly. Seems i am missing something atm.

Someone in here, that had success lately with lucid and wine?

J4zz

08-10-2010

Has anyone already tried with the new 1.3 development release?

Native client for the win!