Would you like an option to be implemented for the people with colorblind disability?

Yes, add this option! They have equal rights! 2,880 88.26%
No, definitely not! I don't give a **** how they see colors! 383 11.74%
Voters: 3263. You may not vote on this poll

Color Blind People!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voilak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTkanToS View Post
Well i really didnt thought about this ever before but this is very good you mentioned it Voilak... I am pretty sure Riot will take this in mind ... +100
I also strongly believe that Riot will implement this soon enough. As stated again, I support riot by buying every char and skin available up to this day. So Riot should also support its community. That's only my humble opinion..

Rhoda Issa

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklebear View Post
I can't see how red is any less different to green than blue is. But your the one with the condition and knows best, so, okey.

But yeah, I get what you want. But instead of changing the colors there should be another client people like you can use. A colorblind client. Where you have no disadvantage at all and can understand everything just like we color see'ing people can (I thought it was a fun word )

Anyhow, I'm just interested. If you can see the different between green and blue, why can't you see the difference of green and red? Is blue darker for you than red is or woot? Are you just half colorblind or? =< Sorry if it's personal ^^
A normal person has 3 'tools' or receptors to see colours with, which send a signal to your brains depending on the colour that falls on these. With the superposition of those 3 signals, your brain forms a colour you can see. Now he difference with colour blind people is in such a way that they only have 2 of those receptors. There are various forms of colourblindness which means it differs which of those is missing.

When one of them lacks, your signal to your brain consists of only 2 streams. Now this means that if your receptor that is active in the red part of the spectrum is missing, you won't be able to recognise that colour at all. This means that green<->red, but he can still recognise blue normally as that part of the spectrum your eyes got the receptors for still.

Voilak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flamingo View Post
A normal person has 3 'tools' or receptors to see colours with, which send a signal to your brains depending on the colour that falls on these. With the superposition of those 3 signals, your brain forms a colour you can see. Now he difference with colour blind people is in such a way that they only have 2 of those receptors. There are various forms of colourblindness which means it differs which of those is missing.

When one of them lacks, your signal to your brain consists of only 2 streams. Now this means that if your receptor that is active in the red part of the spectrum is missing, you won't be able to recognise that colour at all. This means that green<->red, but he can still recognise blue normally as that part of the spectrum your eyes got the receptors for still.
Oh .. ! That's a very good explanation and had never thought of it exactly like this. Glad there are people that know more than I do about my prob.

Rhoda Issa

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voilak View Post
Oh .. ! That's a very good explanation and had never thought of it exactly like this. Glad there are people that know more than I do about my prob.
You can read more on this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichromatic_color_vision

Just a shame neither on that page or the colour blindness page it gets explained technically what is happening, although it can be interesting to know why you are colourblind Btw it is not a malfunction of your brain, but a missing 'part' of your eyes and it cannot be treated in any way (currently).

Luckily I am not colourblind, but I can imagine how annoying it must be. 2 years ago during an experiment on university regarding the spectrum of light I had to work with someone else (it was intended to be done alone) who was colour blind cause he could not differentiate the spectrum normally. Anything that helps those people to lessen the burden of their disadvantage is welcome.

CuteBear of DOOM

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Yes, we have this on our list, and will get to it eventually. We just need to get the appropriate resources involved and execute it. If we did it, we'd add it as an option.
So basically from where it was first brought up, it has taken you over a year to gather appropriate resources? You guys should work faster, a color blind person has just the same rights to get things fixed as any other, they are no where near disabled.. just unlucky.

Jaketson xD

12-01-2011

I don't know if anyone has already suggested this but the Ace client does have a mode designed for people with colorblind disability. You should try it out.

MASIIF

12-01-2011

Get the Colour Blind Pack by razieh
Included are already a lot of recolored things like minions, minimap objects, spell particles, healthbars etc.
He is currently developing it so you can expect further updates and also get support.

The modified ACE client by wrenchman Matricus already got basic support for colour blind users.
It's next major release v3.0 is going to enable you to edit:

* healthbars
* scrolling combat text / general combat info
* hover (mouse over) effects

The ACE client offers a convenient configuration utility to customize your client settings so you don't need to edit any files manually.

Sandsower

12-01-2011

48 ppl be cruel

Voilak

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flamingo View Post
... "Luckily I am not colourblind, but I can imagine how annoying it must be." ...
You don't need to imagine because you cannot. But you can actually get a 100% taste of how I look the world by clicking here (Note: I have the Deuteranope also known as Dischromat, type) and then do a neat test to see how would you react to the world if you were the one with the problem by taking this test here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASIIF View Post
Get the Colour Blind Pack by razieh
Included are already a lot of recolored things like minions, minimap objects, spell particles, healthbars etc.
He is currently developing it so you can expect further updates and also get support.

The modified ACE client by wrenchman Matricus already got basic support for colour blind users.
It's next major release v3.0 is going to enable you to edit:

* healthbars
* scrolling combat text / general combat info
* hover (mouse over) effects

The ACE client offers a convenient configuration utility to customize your client settings so you don't need to edit any files manually.
Thank you for adding that, will try and tell you results! I hope it works cause riot guys doesn't give much a poop for me. (why would they? :P)

reshatok

12-01-2011

This would be amazing, anything to change it from red and green, not blue and purple mind you.