High ELO most played/viable champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VinnMauS

16-06-2011

Hello,
I would like to ask those who think of themselves as professionals in LoL, and have high elo and been playing since beginning. I can play some champions very well and do my job in team, and with some I am lame, but still, i get this feeling that some champions even if I dont try hard, are more useful than the ones Im pro with, and I try hard.
With this said, I think there are some funny champs to play , but not viable in high elo games, for example ezreal, cassiopeia, pantheon, etc.
So can you tell me for each role the best high elo champ which is most played?
please name a
1.tank
2.support
3.AD carry
4.AP
5. melee

Thank you for your opinions and comments

Flimsii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-06-2011

Ashe is considered THE best carry at high elo and you know why?

Her ult, her dmg is actually lacking when compared to say corki or MF BUT her ult (+ hawkshot's utility) make her one of the most useful carry's ingame.

Now consider if amumu (or another strong initiator) is in the team, why would you chose ashe?

Now her main strength her AMAZING ult is rendered (almost) useless,you could pick another carry with more dmg and/or utility like Cait for her traps,range and dmg or MF for her stronger early,dmg and better synergy with amumu with her ult.

My point is there is no TEIR 1 OMFG MUST HAVE TO WIN champion, only good team compositions

But thats my opinion im not exactly a high elo PRO

P.S By Melee i hope you mean JUNGLER ^^

VinnMauS

16-06-2011

Thank you , by a melee i mean, AD tanky dps, which i believe is a MUST in every team composition. like olaf,trundle,garen, u know what i mean, i dont think that a TANK and 4 squishy ranged are the best pick )

however, i agree with you that every champ is good and its about team combination, but I asked whether there is a higher priority among some champions in high elo, like for example, you got 10 AD ranged, but only 2 are played on ranked high elo, which are those? and so on...because i DONT believe that people in high elo ranked actually tanke PANTHEON or TWITCH or MUNDO, or do they?

Herring Perring

16-06-2011

Actually picks in high elo are pretty limited.

AD melee top lane best picks are prolly Jarvan (with gold per 5 item spam) and Warwick (don't actually play him AD lol, more like, dorans ring, sorc boots, wits end, spirit visage etc)
Ad ranged carry Vayne (bot with support)
And AP is Rumble (solo top)
Support janna, soraka, taric don't see much else

Basically all those are getting a nerf next patch i think. Just watch a few streams and u'll soon see.

Dwarfy8395

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-06-2011

Im stuck into 1.1k-1.3k Elo, not that high but 1 Cant carry a team of 5 alone anyways. From personal experience.
1.tank Amumu/Alistar Good, CC
2.support Taric/Soraka/Janna. ( Zilean also but i dont like him. )
3.AD carry Ashe, Vayne>.>, Corki
4.AP Annie,Malzahar
5. melee Jarvan HoG+Philo ftw? and irelia.
6 Junglers - Amumu Best ganker. or trundle

Flimsii

16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnMauS View Post
Thank you , by a melee i mean, AD tanky dps, which i believe is a MUST in every team composition. like olaf,trundle,garen, u know what i mean, i dont think that a TANK and 4 squishy ranged are the best pick )

however, i agree with you that every champ is good and its about team combination, but I asked whether there is a higher priority among some champions in high elo, like for example, you got 10 AD ranged, but only 2 are played on ranked high elo, which are those? and so on...because i DONT believe that people in high elo ranked actually tanke PANTHEON or TWITCH or MUNDO, or do they?
Ok her's my opinion on the most desired picks

Atm there seems to be a 2 offtank metagame rather than a traditional tank so here's

Solo Top: Irelia/Jarvan/Rumble(maybe)/WW(FotM)
Mid: Malz/Annie/Anivia/Vlad (although he normally goes top and the tanky dps mids)
Bot: Any Support except karma (to farm dependant) + Ashe/Cait/Vayne/Corki/MF
Jungler: Nunu/Trundle/Amumu

These i would say are the most desirable picks for a "standard" team but as i said its all context sensetive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herring Perring View Post
Actually picks in high elo are pretty limited.
No they arent ever seen rainman play teemo? he does
Reginald Mid Zilean? He does

Your just wrong

dvnke

16-06-2011

Why no love for Tristana?

Herring Perring

16-06-2011

Quote:
Why no love for Tristana?
no cleavage

Loli Lancer

16-06-2011

At the current moment in order :

Top solo :
- rumble
- lanewick
- jarvan
- irelia

Mid ap carry :
- twisted fate
- annie
- malzahar
- vladimir

Jungler :
- AMUMU ( yea he's the top tier gamebreaker atm because of tanky jungling , you can go top solo with a 2nd AP carry if you got this bad boy in the jungle )
- nunu
- jarvan
- nocturne

Support :
- Soraka
- Sona
- Janna
- Taric

AD carry :
- vayne
- ashe
- Miss Fortune ( big boobs , big letters )
- caitlyn

you can check my elo and my last games :3

VinnMauS

16-06-2011

THats what I wanted to hear, I often see warwick, but is this true, that in high elo hes usually AP (magewick) isntead of standart AD tanky?

And about janna, do you recommend playing her for AP/HP (RoA+rabadon+soulshroud) or full support (aegis, soul, shurelia etc.) ???