counter sivir

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joax2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

14-06-2011

i just met a sivir who was very good best champion to counter her?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Love Lemon Tea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

14-06-2011

Avoid her q or let it hit minions in between for minimal dmg.
Don't hit her when her spell shield is up. This one should be easy, just move towards her and spook her to put it up


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VongolaTenth

Senior Member

14-06-2011

Pretty much everyone except veigar, with spellshield he's only a mana ressource for her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThoseTentacles

Member

14-06-2011

As a Sivir player , don't let her shield scare you. At best , it can have about 7'' cooldown. Plenty of time to pop 2-3 abilities in between.

Also , gangs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodthorne

Senior Member

14-06-2011

best counter is any AD carry, be it melee or ranged.

Her terrible AA range, makes her prone to harass from other ranged champs. Her shield has a longer cooldown early game then any harassment skill in the game. Due near melee range, ranged champs can easily run in to harass.

The only time you need to be careful of her, is when you dont have any minion around to reduce the boomerang blade damage. If that hits only 1 target twice, it's a 500+ nuke, so avoid that if possible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rehnay

Senior Member

14-06-2011

Plenty of heroes. Don't pick ones with slow moving direct skill shots that she can spell shield and you'll be fine. Try to bait our her spell shield and avoid using slow moving skills to open up against her. Really good Sivir's can block practically anything, but human reflexes have a limit and some things are just too fast and if you stay unpredictable they won't be able to put it up early.

Also remember that spell shield almost always has a longer cooldown than any spell it really blocks (except for certain ultimates obviously) so you can continue harass when it's been popped. as Ashe for example make sure you try to get her to spell shield a volley before you ult stun her to move in for the kill. Always make sure to dodge at least one of the BB shots.

Other than that just harass her and don't be afraid to engage when spell shield is a on cooldown if you have a strong 1v1 champion that's reliant on skills or i you have 1v1 champion that isn't reliant on skills just go in either way whe nyou see an oppertunity. Beware though that if she is well farmed and has her ult she can still do quite a bit ofd damage and in early levels minions deal plenty of damage themselves.

Also make sure your champion can clear lanes pretty well themselves. Since otherwise Sivir will have pushed your tower down after a couple of minutes and she'll be pushing down top or bot as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mid Pro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetrations View Post
Avoid her q or let it hit minions in between for minimal dmg.
Don't hit her when her spell shield is up. This one should be easy, just move towards her and spook her to put it up
Pro sivir barely uses Q, its all about the bounce and shield, so dont talk if you dont know what you are in about

I second the AD carry that are hard to counter, basicly anything that cant be shielded is anoyying for a sivir


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThoseTentacles

Member

14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehnay View Post
Plenty of heroes. Don't pick ones with slow moving direct skill shots that she can spell shield and you'll be fine. Try to bait our her spell shield and avoid using slow moving skills to open up against her. Really good Sivir's can block practically anything, but human reflexes have a limit and some things are just too fast and if you stay unpredictable they won't be able to put it up early.

Also remember that spell shield almost always has a longer cooldown than any spell it really blocks (except for certain ultimates obviously) so you can continue harass when it's been popped. as Ashe for example make sure you try to get her to spell shield a volley before you ult stun her to move in for the kill. Always make sure to dodge at least one of the BB shots.

Other than that just harass her and don't be afraid to engage when spell shield is a on cooldown if you have a strong 1v1 champion that's reliant on skills or i you have 1v1 champion that isn't reliant on skills just go in either way whe nyou see an oppertunity. Beware though that if she is well farmed and has her ult she can still do quite a bit ofd damage and in early levels minions deal plenty of damage themselves.

Also make sure your champion can clear lanes pretty well themselves. Since otherwise Sivir will have pushed your tower down after a couple of minutes and she'll be pushing down top or bot as well.
Perfect answer.
Also , Kennen. I hate that guy...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodthorne

Senior Member

14-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romian View Post
Pro sivir barely uses Q, its all about the bounce and shield, so dont talk if you dont know what you are in about

I second the AD carry that are hard to counter, basicly anything that cant be shielded is anoyying for a sivir
i go:
QEWWWRQQQWRQWEEREE
Reason i go with Q first is because it gives some burst and scare factor. I skill W to lvl3 asap so i get decent blades flying around often hitting the enemy giving me zoning ability.
After lvl6, you start to get AP and AD, at which point you really wanna start killing/ganking people, which is why you then want your maximum burst damage and thus max out Q asap.

Works for me anyway, though i havent played her in a long while.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagrenac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

14-06-2011

You don't level W first because leaving it on pushes the lane and leaves you open to ganks.
Q is at least as good for farming and better for harassing/getting a kill.


12