League of legends on PS3!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Broseidon

13-06-2011

Hey guys, I've been wondering if you guys ever thought of bringing LoL to consoles like PS3 or Xbox? It could widen your player base by a huge number, and I'm sure you could either sell the game for like 30-40$ over the PSN shop or retail, or make it free download like on computer with ingame purchases..
I've thought about the playability, and I think the gamepad would do a good job, the 4 buttons, O,x, square, and triangle, for the 4 spells, move character with joystick...
Just a thought.
See ya

Zaldrohir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-06-2011

How do I use flash, skills like Cass' twin fang etc.
There are still some playability problems. And I think playing with a cursor (and thus being able to move your camera around) is a must.

TotalPriority

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-06-2011

as far as i know ps3 has keyboard and mouse as optional controlers
or am i wrong?

Banana Jlzz

13-06-2011

i dont know about you but i cant move a character and at the same time point to another champion or a minion...which is what you suggest using the gamepad o.0

usb mouse and keyboard is fine, and yes a lot of profit...

Marcus8958

13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaldrohir View Post
How do I use flash, skills like Cass' twin fang etc.
There are still some playability problems. And I think playing with a cursor (and thus being able to move your camera around) is a must.
Its also whats slowing the game down. The controls used in LoL is just a copy of the controls from WC3 that was designed to use multiple units in a RTS and not a single champion / hero.

Problem with the current controls compared to for an example Bloodline Champions is that you can't move and cast spells at the same time.

Most players don't even bind the camera to the keyboard so they have to move, cast spells and move screen at the same time. It's like holding 3 tools in the same hand trying to fix something!

With a controller or gamepad they would have to remove all the point to spot X to cast spell and replace them with skillshots.

With PS Move it would be the best option. That way you get a cursor to cast normal spells, analog pad to move your champion and cursor to move the camera.
Only problem with PS Move is that its only a 640x480 low resolution camera that will make it hard to track movements.

0megaD

13-06-2011

You can plug them in but they'll only work if implemented properly.

So yeah, technically it could work.

Also gamepadwise some games use the left-stick movement, right-stick ''floating target'' approach where the cursor points to an area for direction & distance.

It would allow you to play the game but the main problem is that a mouse has way more responsiveness.

Lord Broseidon

13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus8958 View Post
With PS Move it would be the best option. That way you get a cursor to cast normal spells, analog pad to move your champion and cursor to move the camera.
Only problem with PS Move is that its only a 640x480 low resolution camera that will make it hard to track movements.
ehm PS move camera is a HD camera, of very good quality... don't know what you mean with "hard to track movements" it's very accurate

Nörtherngod

13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalPriority View Post
as far as i know ps3 has keyboard and mouse as optional controlers
or am i wrong?
Point of playing PS3 with keyboard and mouse? Shouldn't you then just use computer.

DERP

Orize

13-06-2011

They will just feed

Lord Broseidon

13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0megaD View Post
You can plug them in but they'll only work if implemented properly.

So yeah, technically it could work.

Also gamepadwise some games use the left-stick movement, right-stick ''floating target'' approach where the cursor points to an area for direction & distance.

It would allow you to play the game but the main problem is that a mouse has way more responsiveness.
i agree with you, but if you make the right stick = moving camera and cursor, and left stick move your character (not point to click, normal moving like it should be even on pc..) would be the same as the mouse for computer, if you move cursor to screen edge it moves camera. could also make like press L2 and move right joystick = move on minimap to allow quicker scrolling. and like R2 = center on your character.