Runes FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feroz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Sorry for doing this in the "wrong" thread. But I think I've tried most other ways by now.

The original Adopt a noob program is not active and therefore the thread should be unstickied.

My thread where the adopt a noob program is running, should be stickied. http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=91194

OverloadZ will confirm that I already discussed this with him and we both agreed on my continuing with the project. He is rarely on though so he most likely won't be able to verify it.

- Again sorry for writting the wrong place, but I needed to get some1 from riots attention.

Sephirotica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Hm, this is definitely the worst place to put it if u want it to be noticed.
Try checking mIRC to see if you can catch any CM online there and ask them to do the switch. If that doesnt work try sending an e-mail to ymir [at] riotgames [dot] com asking him to do the switch.

SDMarukokun

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirotica View Post
Well, thats one way of looking at it and i cant say i disagree tho i still prefer hoarding my IP :P
Yes, perfectly fine: you championing one major theory and I the other gives people choice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docar View Post
Are runes really that important pre level 30? Like, is it worth your points to keep your runebook full or is it better to save them up for t3 runes/unlocking champions?
There's nothing special about "level 30", except for being able to play ranked
(but IIRC you can do that at level 20 if you go premade with 1 or more level 30s...),
no longer getting XP and not getting any more extra mastery/rune slots.
Both Sephirotica's and my theory assume you'll most likely be spending 10+K IP
at level 20 on tier3 runes. If you don't buy (tier3) runes until level 30, it's very likely
that you'll be starting each game level 20-29 a few hundred gold worth of stats behind
almost everyone... Why handicap yourself like that?

Glenngah

25-01-2011

I got the same problem.. im lvl 7 now. but i havent got ANy runes..
i dont get it -.- ppl thats lower lvl then me got.. but i dont?
and how do i get runes exept buying them from the shop? does that work?

Glenngah

25-01-2011

i got the same problem.. im lvl 7 now. but i havent got ANy runes..

Marcelo

27-01-2011

bump

Im lvl 14 and have two purple quintessenses. i thought i could equip more than one but nay.
we can only have one purple rune at a time? Or this kind of slots will unlock as i lvl up?
Also, to unlock more purple slots, do i need to make some sort of combo between reds and yellows?

i find it difficult to understand

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirotica View Post
Bingo.
Every level a rune slot opens up.
On every tenth level (10, 20, 30) a quintessence slot opens up. (The big ones :P )
Didn't read this :P

SDMarukokun

28-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenngah View Post
i got the same problem.. im lvl 7 now. but i havent got ANy runes..
The store (shoppingcart icon in your client) is the _only_ way to get runes.

ŠuC

06-02-2011

i like runes my runes are 85 ap at lvl 18

Qaziltyxenafet

22-02-2011

I got the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 3 tier 3 runes and a quint. How come I was able to equip the t3 runes, given that I'm still below level 10 ?

SDMarukokun

28-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaziltyxenafet View Post
I got the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 3 tier 3 runes and a quint. How come I was able to equip the t3 runes, given that I'm still below level 10 ?
AFAIK rune tiers only affect _buying_ them, not _using_ them.
So I guess on my level 6 smurf account, if I wanted to I could buy 25 tier1 runes,
use the rune combiner to turn them into 5 tier2 runes and then into 1 tier3 rune
and just equip that rune on my runepage...
(not that that would be smart, since you get a random rune.
Being extremely lucky and have 25 runes of 15 IP each (375 IP total)
turn into a 2050 IP quintessence would be epic though...)