Runes FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pumtex

18-11-2010

ohh nice !

P1cky

24-11-2010

I've recently entered level 20, so i first noticed tehre are runes providing "Energey" (greater glyph of Acumen)

Their listed by the mana runes.
Im a lil curious what energy actually is, since ive never noticed this stat ingame

Pls help

Sephirotica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-11-2010

Energy is "mana" for ninjas (Akali, Shen and Kenen)

Raptorg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

If I try to melt two quintessences together, do I always get a (random) quitessence, or can I get a normal rune out of it?

SDMarukokun

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorg View Post
If I try to melt two quintessences together, do I always get a (random) quitessence, or can I get a normal rune out of it?
completely random: I just bought 2 of the cheapest quints, combined them and ended up with a glyph...

Snapstar

22-12-2010

How much attack dmg somone can get with runes ?

PrayforRain

07-01-2011

Are runes really that important pre level 30? Like, is it worth your points to keep your runebook full or is it better to save them up for t3 runes/unlocking champions?

Sephirotica

07-01-2011

Its far better to save your IP for tier 3 runes simply due to fact that all pre-t3 runes (and thus IP u have given for them) are wasted (or simply obsolete) once you hit level 30 (well, 21 actually) and have access to t3.

SDMarukokun

08-01-2011

...and I will once again disagree...
Tier1 runes have about 55% of the effect of tier3 runes at about 8% the cost,
so for ex. a set of 19 tier1 mage/support runes will only set you back 825 IP,
which is not much more than 1 or 2 tier3 runes/3 "first win of the day"s or less
than any but the cheapest champions.
See my posts in http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=45417 for my calculations.

I went the route of buying tier1 runes whenever slots became available and saving up
IP to upgrade most to tier3 at level 20. (skipped tier2 runes, since they aren't tier3 and
aren't enough improvement over tier1 for their price increase)

Tier1 runes are like the Doran's items: if you're not trying to rush something early, very good value for money...

Sephirotica

08-01-2011

Well, thats one way of looking at it and i cant say i disagree tho i still prefer hoarding my IP :P