Need help!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lKuroI

2 Weeks Ago

Hey, I'm Kuro and I'm new to league of legends. First of all I wanted to ask where do I know
what to buy with different champions and what champions play which role. As far as I know there
is a certain meta in this game(My friend told me) and he told me that many players who do not
follow this meta get reported, so as a new player how do I know that. You might ask why I don't
ask my friend? Because while playing he was yelling at me like crazy(GO THERE, KITE HIM) so
I want to try using the forum to find people who can give me advice and give me some explanation
during my league-journey.

I have started a youtube channel to let others watch me playing(Sorry if I'm a bit bad hehe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzkijAtuvR8

Could anyone give me some tips? Would be nice

Ingame-name: lKuroI (L Kuro i)

Hairyloco

2 Weeks Ago

Hey Kuro,

Basically what your friend says about the meta is true, what he says about getting reported for not following the meta is false.
Do you know what the "meta" means?
A meta game is basically the "best" champions in the role, currently. How are the "best" champions in the role chosen? Instead of going into the specifics, I'll leave it on that the meta champions are the strongest and most popular champions.

Now, strong is a relative term - they are a champion pool that are strong against each other. That does not mean that off-meta picks are bad, though. That just mean they get countered or are weaker than champions who are in the meta.

But, because the meta switches over with almost every patch, I will always recommend new players to play what they like, rather than what is strong. Why? Because you still have a very high personal learning curve and you still don't really know how to bring out a champions' strong points.

So, that said, on to your question:
In top lane, you mainly play tanks and bruisers. You farm up until the mid-game or when team fights start. Top laners generally pick Teleport summoner to increase their map presence.

In mid lane, mages and assassins are played. They farm up and roam at certain points in the game. Their strength excels in the mid game, when not everyone has built up their defences. Some champions even excel in the late game too.

In the jungle there are assassins and bruisers, but sometimes also mages. Low level players can/should play Fiddlesticks, Nunu or Warwick in the jungle (there are some more though but these are the most basic) since their natural sustain is high enough to be playable without runes/masteries.
For jungle champions, sustain, gapclosers and CC are important. Wave clear also plays a big role.

In bot lane there are two roles, first is the ADC. They're the marksman champions. That's basically the default and doesn't really change per game. There are some occasions where something else is played very rarely, but the reason it's not popular is because Marksmen are a terror in the late game.

There is also Support, which is filled by Support champions. They help the ADC in their weak early game by getting them farmed up and protecting them from harm. They are the main providers for vision on the map, but that's not to say no one else should contribute ! Every player in the game should buy wards, because wards save lives. If you can see your enemy coming, you are prepared.
A Support is there to help their team, albeit by healing, CCing, or buffing.

Hope I've cleared things up.
If you want to, feel free to add me. Even though I'm level 30, perhaps we can play a few matches together.

lKuroI

2 Weeks Ago

Wow.. thanks for your answer, haven't expected a detailled answer like that
I've heard a lot about the Lol-community but I haven't experienced bad behior yet.
So as a new player it doesn't matter in which lane I play? And item builds? Where do I know
which items are good with certain champions? What about armor and magic resist? Are there
any differences in buying hp instead? Or what happens to people who go afk during a game?(I've met
2 in my first normal game)

Sorry for asking so many questions

Hairyloco

2 Weeks Ago

Don't worry, we're here to help. ^^

About bad behaviour, in time you'll come across someone who dishes out insults like autoattacks on a fed Tryndamere. When that happens, make sure you use the mute function - someone being negative in the game disturbs your concentration and more often than not causes you to play worse.

Where do you find what to build? Personally I haven't used a lot of those sites in a while, but I think Probuilds and LoLPro are what is recommended nowadays.

There you'll find a general idea of what to build on your champion. It's a good way to get started, and if you find a champion you really like you can go in-depth as to why you're building what you're building.

--------------

The difference between building armour/magic resist and health has to do with your effective HP. What this means is that there is your HP pool and your effective HP pool.

Say, you have 1000 HP and 0 Armour. Every physical attack deals true damage to you now. Your effective HP is 1000 HP.

Say, you have 1000 HP and 100 Armour. Every physical attack now deals 50% damage to you. Your effective HP is now 2000.

So, when do you build Armour/MR and when do you build HP? When you get the most effective HP out of it is the complicated, yet simple answer. You as a new player don't know when this is for sure.
You can always assume that you'll first need Armour and MR before buying HP.
Also, (just about) every Armour / MR item also give HP, so it's not like you effectively have to choose between the three options.

------------------------------
If people go AFK in games and they are reported, they'll receive a warning and they have to confirm that they will not leave a game before the end. If they are found to AFK once more, they'll be punished, although I can't exactly tell you how.

CptFixit

2 Weeks Ago

HairyLoco, I have to say: every post I read of you is helpful and friendly and I appreciate that a lot! I'll be adding you in-game, simply to have another friendly face on the list

Quote:
In the jungle there are assassins and bruisers, but sometimes also mages. Low level players can/should play Fiddlesticks, Nunu or Warwick in the jungle (there are some more though but these are the most basic)
The guys from Triforce podcast suggested last episode that Volibear makes a great beginner's jungler, due to his inate tankiness and his built-in safety device (his passive). I also love his built-in attack speed buff by stacking his W.

Hairyloco

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptFixit View Post
HairyLoco, I have to say: every post I read of you is helpful and friendly and I appreciate that a lot! I'll be adding you in-game, simply to have another friendly face on the list
Well, I'm here to help, aren't I?
Sure feel free, let's play some games when next we're on.

Quote:
The guys from Triforce podcast suggested last episode that Volibear makes a great beginner's jungler, due to his inate tankiness and his built-in safety device (his passive). I also love his built-in attack speed buff by stacking his W.
Ah, I can see him work like that yes. I'm going to remember this, thanks!

CptFixit

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyloco View Post
Ah, I can see him work like that yes. I'm going to remember this, thanks!
It's what I'm learning now

Start with the machete and E (and a warding trinket). Use E as often as possible when fighting monsters as this minimizes the amount of damage they can do to you. They will fear you for a short while and will reset their attacks. Then I level W,E,W to also increase the attack speed and to get the extra bite attack (which will reset the attack speed). Q is nifty for ganking, but should be avoided in the jungle as it costs a lot of mana. R is hella fun to run in and help clear a busy lane with lots of minions.

It's fun. I love Voli <3

Kiss Me Fat Boy

2 Weeks Ago

Hey Kuro! And welcome!

I'm going to send you a video I really wish I watched before I played LoL, as it would make my life on LoL much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBk3MGOtQEg

Here you go! Hope it helps!

lKuroI

2 Weeks Ago

Wow, the community is really great! Thank you all

Hairyloco

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by lKuroI View Post
Wow, the community is really great! Thank you all
Well, in a help-new-players dedicated forum, yes it is