PVP.net Store Refund Policy = ****.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shawes

08-06-2011

Hello, take a look at this. Anyone agrees that this is just e piece of ****?

"PVP.net Store Refund Policy:

At this time we do not refund items purchased from the PvP.net such as champions, skins, runes and summoner name changes. Any exceptions to this are handled on a case by case basis and are at Riot’s sole discretion. This includes purchasing a bundle that includes champions you already own."

I requested to get a refund but it got denied and this is a copy of what I sent to them.
(I've already gotten a refund, about the first day at LoL - My little brother who's 4 years accidently bought one for me) Just becaouse of one mistake I don't have the rights to get a refund?

"How come you, staff member of Riot allways are so strict when it comes to the negative parts. As giving someone 300 years ban for leaving game/flame. But why can't you assist the good players in this game? I don't mean to be rude but how hard can it be to give someone a refund who asks nicely, who's doing everything as Riot rules says & are nice and active at the forums..?

If it's your policy then you simply don't care about the good & friendly players in this game.

I hope you understand."

What do you think about this? Please no flaming or spamming & keep the comments to the topic.

xa0xa0xa

08-06-2011

it sounds pretty right to me sir

Shawes

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa0xa0xa View Post
it sounds pretty right to me sir
Clever Boy.

Nezumiiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawes View Post
"At this time we do not refund items purchased from the PvP.net"

I've already gotten a refund, about the first day at LoL
That's your problem. Refund is ONE TIME exception, Riot usually warns players about it, and even if they don'twarn you - policy is not to refund AT ALL. You already got benefit from something they don't usually do, you shuld be happy you got refund in the first place, not demand more while they shouldn't have refunded you at all, even before.

lukus001

08-06-2011

Not really a professional e-mail to send to Riot tbh, as it just sounds like typical rage.

You are not supposed to account share, little brother or not (that is at your sole discretion) and you most certainly shouldn't be leaving them on your account unattended otherwise it is your fault.

I'm sure if you just said you accidentally purchased the wrong one you would of got your refund, as I myself have get the IP equivalent of the RP spent on a particular champ refunded.

the fact they dont offer refunds is simple.. So you can just swap and change when you are bored with xyz champ. "Yeh i'm bored of OP morde now so can i be refunded and buy Jarvan please?" No

There is a lesson to be learned here. Little brother play on their own accounts.

Edit: seems i missread. If they refunded you once you should be lucky but to accidentally buy something twice? I suspect they are assuming you are typical implus buyer who see something shiny and buys it, has 2 miute of fun and wants refund.

There really should be no reason for "regular refunds" on content such as this which is why the one is litterially a one off.

Sightburner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

As long as you do not play with the champion/skin I see no reason why they can't refund, as long as you don't abuse it. (Buy... changed my mind... demand refund... buy... change my mind.... refund). But as soon as you have played with the skin/champ you shouldn't be allowed to have a refund. It's like using a piece of clothing and say "I didn't like it... I'll try and get a refund" you wont get it if you have used it.

But since I don't know all the facts and that you easily can say what people want to hear to be sympathetic so my conclusion is this: You bought a champ people say is really op, and you did a really bad first game with him/her. Now you want your money back because you can't pwn with him/her.

OzDok

08-06-2011

Refunds on intangible electronic goods are few and far between. Feel elated that you were granted one by Riot already.

ThanatosVI

08-06-2011

Even though they strictly say that NO items from the store are refunded, they still give every summoner i guess one exception.
So thats kinda generous imo.
They even warn you that you get only one exception and ask if youre sure that you want it on this item (one refund up to 3 items).