Nunu's ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drilla

27-07-2010

Hey RIOT

I'm an avid fan of Nunu (especially because of the excellent voice work you did on him) but I have one gripe with him.

His ultimate is very weak, not in terms of damage but that it is so incredible easy to avoid. Stun Nunu and the ulti channeling stops, fear Nunu and the channeling stops, silence Nunu and the chanelling stops - heck even remove scurvy for Gankplank makes him able to just run out of the area.

I'm not calling for a boost in terms of damage, but compare Nunu's ultimate to f.x. Xin's Ultimate - Xin's instant and does on average roughly same damage in the same area. Ohh and Xin gets a buff too after ...

I suggest one of three things - either make Nunu's ultimate uninterruptable, make it instant of make it channeling for 1 sec, but only interruptable with stun (not silence and fear). If for some reason you find this unbalanced - adjust the AP scaling accordingly.

Thanks.

MetalWrath

27-07-2010

you cant really do that since the spell is a channelling spell, silence can also interrupt it! if they change nunu's they have to change every other champion who channels, I would rather see it do damage over time like fiddle sticks, but without the flash...

Balbanes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2010

The Mainproblem is:
If you stand a few seconds in Fiddles Ulti andthen jump out - Damage
If you stand a few seconds next to Katas Ulti then stun her - Damage
If you stand a few seconds next to Xin - Dead
IF YOU STAND NEXT TO NUNU and silence him while he channels, stun him, jump outta it - NOTHING BUT SLOW!

That's the problem!

Drilla

27-07-2010

Balbanes is 100% correct, either change Fiddle, kata and Xin or fix Nunu.

How does Kata react to silence during ulti btw?

How come that fear breaks the chanelling but incoming damage doesnt break fear, thats just wrong.

Tenoziw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-07-2010

I agree very much, maybe best is to do it like fiddles but without the flash?
I starts direct and take dmg overtime?

Katarina = Is overpowerd atm, and needs a nerf. (only her ulti, and maybe some cooldowns also)

Xin Zhao = Well no comment needed here, most banned hero in ranked game, for a good reason.

8u AeroK

27-07-2010

Why nerf Kata's ulti which is so easily avoided / interrupted ?
If a Nunu finds it hard to get a good ulti, so is Kata.
The only difference is that Nunu's ulti has a visual that can't be missed Sometimes in 5v5 melees, it's hard to aim a Kata or see her going for her ulti

How many times i've played Nunu to see ppl Blink out the ulti

Drilla

27-07-2010

Maybe remove the graphics then?

Murck

27-07-2010

Also if you damage Nunu the damage you take from the ulti is less than it would be, if that haven't changed.

But saying Katarina's ulti is OP is just weak. I play her all the time and I have had many times where I have been stunned or silenced and so on while using my ulti, and it stops me and the 1 min. cooldown on it is fine. Katarina's ulti is too easy to stop if you ask me.

Mildaene

27-07-2010

Nunu's ult isn't all about the damage, but also about forcing the enemies to react to it for/within 3 seconds.

It's like threatening to use a nuclear weapon. The threat alone does most of the job, even if you actually never launch said nuke.

That said, it's always awesome when it lands with full force (Nunu's ult, nukes suck irl) :P

Jaylin

27-07-2010

I posted this in other threads and I'll post it again:

Fixing Nunu's ult is simple - If Nunu gets stunned/silenced/whatever, ult does partial damage, just like it would if Nunu interrupted it himself.

At the moment, Nunu can interrupt his ult at any time to do partial damage. Just apply that same mechanic in case Nunu gets CCd during the channel. There you go! Ult isn't so weak anymore and people will still have a reason to counter it to avoid full damage.