Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Beginners Guide to Playing League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeanW

07-18-2010

Quote:
Talespinner:
A very nice and informative post. Thanks for it.

I have just one question: How do I create a practice game with all bots? Every time I try the game stops me because "Practice games must have at least 4 players". Makes it really hard to get better without messing with other peoples' games

theres alot of nice people on the forum that will always be willing to train ya up, jus make a topic and ask nicely

ColdWwolF

09-29-2010

Quote:
Messy Herring:
Problem is, most people who are smart enought to go to the forums figure out the game by themselves and the people who really need some help don't visit stuff like this...

That is true.
There has to be some desire to learn more about the game.

Btw, very nice quide, very helpful

Ghétto

09-30-2010

pretty good guide but no use for me...

Slavblade

11-12-2010

hi,iam maybe noob or not ,dont know ,but i wanna answer on this q. why am I called kill stealer when i trying to help my teamm8 in combat and i kill enemy ?I think in this game is not winner that person with highest killing blows but team which destroy enemies nexus.
can someone give me answer this?and what difference is between kill and assist i mean in rewards, does that some effect on my team when i do such a thing?

SDMarukokun

11-15-2010

Quote:
Slavblade:
why am I called kill stealer when i trying to help my teamm8 in combat and i kill enemy ?I think in this game is not winner that person with highest killing blows but team which destroy enemies nexus.
can someone give me answer this?and what difference is between kill and assist i mean in rewards, does that some effect on my team when i do such a thing?

reasons, IMNSHO from most to least likely:
- they have a big ego and think they deserve all the kills
- they don't know that assist also result in gold
(refer them to http://forum.leaguecraft.com/showthread.php?tid=14596 :
1-on-1 kills are bad for the team's gold; each champ kill should have at least 1 assist)
- they are a carry, which needs as much money as possible, while you play a role that can function well with less money.
The difference in gold between a couple of kills or a couple of assist could be the difference
between the carry having weapons to "pentakill" the enemies in a teamfight later on or not...

Atewa

04-28-2011

Quote:
SDMarukokun:
reasons, IMNSHO from most to least likely:
- they have a big ego and think they deserve all the kills
- they don't know that assist also result in gold
(refer them to http://forum.leaguecraft.com/showthread.php?tid=14596 :
1-on-1 kills are bad for the team's gold; each champ kill should have at least 1 assist)
- they are a carry, which needs as much money as possible, while you play a role that can function well with less money.
The difference in gold between a couple of kills or a couple of assist could be the difference
between the carry having weapons to "pentakill" the enemies in a teamfight later on or not...

totally agree, i always play with my m8´s 5v5 and I always play ad carry, yes im feeded very much but i dont like words on skype: ¨he is already dead go away i need to kill him¨ if u are clever u always hlp ur m8´s to kill all peope and i like much more to be partly feeded 2 or 3 members of team then only one - because enemy only focus on U, if U die, everything is gone... thats why dumb ppl wanna be feeded and they wanna have all kills xD

Mägix

04-29-2011

Two things horribly wrong with this guide, flash doesn't open up until lvl 12 and you should never buy runes until lvl 20.

Gaiascope

05-01-2011

Very nice guide. Being a noob to this game myself, it's really helpful. I still have trouble with items, but I'm sure that will come with time :P

DragonxFangz

05-03-2011

Very nice guide, awesome for listing most/all the chat callouts half the time i never know what my team mates are talking about. Thanks

Hjaltos

05-23-2011

I find that if you want to be good in a team and your a carry. Try getting killsteals first but then repay the favor by almost killing the enemy in a team fight back off a bit and let your teammates kill him. And repeat. This may be dangerous though but if your 2v1 it works quite well. But ONLY do this when you(the carry) are OVERfed and your team really needs some items