Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gameplay and Matchmaking FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daigoro

02-27-2012

Stop it bried, noone cares.
This system is malfunctioning all the time. I get set up with people who fail mostly, but get lucky and have win streak, then join better players cos of their normal games elo rating and mess up the game.
There are so many players in that type its impossible to play as a team. Because its a fail. And is that a team game or solo?

RamMussolini

04-11-2012

What I experienced a lot of times is that when you win a number of games in a row as a single player, chances are quite high that the enemy teams strength stays the same, but you get teamed up with weaker teammates, that sometimes lack basic knowledge, such as mapawareness, teamplay, meta etc.
It makes it harder to win, as intended, but still I think this is not the right way to got. To win tougher games, you should need to improve your overall skills along with your teamplay and your role in the team.. LoL is so much about teamplay, that in mid- to high-ranked games it is absolutely impossible to win without proper teamplay.

What the matchmaking system does instead is that it teams you up with clearly weaker players, who are prolly behind in knowledge about teamplay, meta-tactics, roles etc. forcing you to go more solo than before. You need to carry the game harder to compensate your weaker team. You need to push towers alone, while teammates stray in the jungle and wait for dead enemy champions to respawn, you need to do most of the warding, most of the tanking, most of the supporting and most of the damage all in one so you can still win. Your teammates don't react to your actions in a proper way, leaving you alone in engaged fights, not using shens ulti, not buying wards as a bottomlane support. All this encourages you to take a solo role, like playing a solo-top poppy so you can take out the almost always fed enemy AP or AD carry.
I don't think this should be the goal of the matchmaking. The goal should be that you need to concentrate more on your role in the team and improve your teamplay. But playing a support with randoms at some point is almost always a failure. Why is that?

LeXX8800

04-18-2012

senks

Felldie

Recruiter

04-18-2012

yes

xSMiTx

04-19-2012

qwerty

SICK JANNA EU

11-13-2012

sweet

Yöuz

12-13-2012

COME ON

DutchJuggernaut

Recruiter

12-13-2012

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA gaay

PlsNoReporterino

12-19-2012

Quote:
Sephirotica:

The basic priorities of the system are in order:
1) Protecting newbies from experienced players.

What about protecting experienced players from newbies?

Vignor

Recruiter

01-04-2013

I have a question: How many points does a summoner need to get Honorable Opponent?