The ELO Reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

astraldarkness

02-06-2011

Now, from what i have heard when season 2 comes there is gonna be a ELO reset. This making EVERYONE 1200 ELO again. I have mixed feelings about this most of them are good. For one thing, when i started playing ranked i was obssessed with getting the "perfect team" meaning i left alot of games not realising this takes away ELO (ill mention now my highest ELO is 1300, I want to be a higher ELO but who dosn't and there is a very high chance im not good enough but hey we all improve i suppose) so from this i must have lost alot of ELO because im 20/20 w/l with 1000 ELO. Of course i didnt lose it all from leaving games some from loses as well. So with the reset I can start again and just make it easier from me to get ranked again (just to mention I am already ranked on another profile at 1200 and climbing ). This is my big plus. Now what I have heard from some below 1000 elo people is that they think they are gonna get carried by "Hotshotgg" on the US servers or "SK Wickd" from the good old EU out of their "ELO hell" i suppose. Sorry to burst your bubble but the chance of meeting one of these players is close to none and if you are below 1000 ELO and cant get out then you are probs at your actual ELO :/ this brings me to my next problem. EVERYONE is getting reset this means those who are below 1000 elo are gonna get back up. This is not a bad thing because im not saying that everyone there is a bad player but there is no dout that a majority of them is feeders, leavers, flamers (bad players in general :P) Sorry guys but it is the truth... As well as the added fact that high elo people will probs be stomping over my little nooby body. However despite these bad things i think the reset is a good thing. Not only will it test the metal of those who are high elo (I have no dout that most of them will get back up there) but itll give us noobs a chance at high elo or at least being ranked lol

Im a very out spoken (out written in this case) person as you can see. ;D please give me your opinions on this. And sorry for any spelling or grammar errors.

Vincent Black

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraldarkness View Post
im 20/20 w/l with 1000 ELO.
stopped reading right there. im outta here.

gallumbits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2011

Basically the bad players want Elo reset. Why? So that they can get to 1200 easily. However they will drop down and start blaming everyone else again. The bad side of this is that 75% of the players are below 1200 so unfortunately this is the majority. After the Elo reset there will be a week or two of completely retarded games with 700 rated players in your 1200 games. And unfortunately once they drop to 800 again this will not shut them up, but it will make them even more bitter.

So sad.

hobarey

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallumbits View Post
Basically the bad players want Elo reset. Why? So that they can get to 1200 easily. However they will drop down and start blaming everyone else again. The bad side of this is that 75% of the players are below 1200 so unfortunately this is the majority. After the Elo reset there will be a week or two of completely retarded games with 700 rated players in your 1200 games. And unfortunately once they drop to 800 again this will not shut them up, but it will make them even more bitter.

So sad.
winning and losing being bad? You should understand that this is pretty hard game to carry all game by only yourself

i believe it is about luck for some people, for others it is some ingame friends, tho i didn't play any ranked just once.

res1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2011

Quote:

So sad.
Well the idea of a "season" is that it has a start and a *known* end.

Why call it season one if there's never a 2nd, 3rd etc?

astraldarkness

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Violation View Post
stopped reading right there. im outta here.
XD I know, im a noob
though thats why im so loveable!

IS18703be48c37ae

02-06-2011

I am against it. Simply because it makes games a lot luck based on who you get on your team. Basically bad players at 1000 ELO want this because it gives them some hope to get their asses carried to higher ratings. However most players at 1400-1600 ELO + do not want an ELO reset because they got to that point because they deserve to be there after so many games, why do these players have to endure the terrible bad 700 ELO players who think it's smart to last pick a jungler when there is allready a jungler ??

It makes no sense for these players and will grief them a lot unintentionally.
Did Blizzard at Starcraft 2 reset the fing ELO at the end of season 1 ??? NO !
Why not ? Because some people were placed where they belong , and if you are at 1000 ELO after 400 games , you belong there !

Just quit QQ'ing about it , since if you can't carry out of 1000 ELO you probably can't do anything useful in 1500+ ELO games .

Qvar

02-06-2011

Quote:

So sad.
I want a hard reset too, and I'm 1500. Why? Because the pwnage will be epic.
If we dont get a hard reset, they'll continue whinning over ages. Make hard reset and let me mop the floor with their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by res1ess View Post
Well the idea of a "season" is that it has a start and a *known* end.

Why call it season one if there's never a 2nd, 3rd etc?
You havent been a lot around uh?

astraldarkness

02-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Marshall View Post
I am against it. Simply because it makes games a lot luck based on who you get on your team. Basically bad players at 1000 ELO want this because it gives them some hope to get their asses carried to higher ratings. However most players at 1400-1600 ELO + do not want an ELO reset because they got to that point because they deserve to be there after so many games, why do these players have to endure the terrible bad 700 ELO players who think it's smart to last pick a jungler when there is allready a jungler ??

It makes no sense for these players and will grief them a lot unintentionally.
Did Blizzard at Starcraft 2 reset the fing ELO at the end of season 1 ??? NO !
Why not ? Because some people were placed where they belong , and if you are at 1000 ELO after 400 games , you belong there !

Just quit QQ'ing about it , since if you can't carry out of 1000 ELO you probably can't do anything useful in 1500+ ELO games .
There isnt really a right or wrong answer on this. And i agree, its going to very painful for awhile. However if these players that have got to 1400-1600 before they can most certainly do it again. I hope you also understand that i am not QQing because i am rising in ELO quickly im just giving my opinion.

ReaILife

02-06-2011

Yeah, the odds the 700 rating newbs are in your team are MUCH higher than the odds they are on the opposing team.

It's simple mathematics. The games won't balance out in the long run at all. All high elo players are going to be stuck around 1200 and only a few VERY lucky players will manage to get to the 2k ratings again. Skill means nothing, it's all about luck.