Low FPS? Ask here.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakonblackblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

Hellow guys , do you have low fps while u play League of Legends? Maybe its not the PC configuration. Maybe there is something else. Here i will give you some tips to improve PC performance and answer some stuff about the potential of your GPU and CPU.

First thing first you need an antivirus. Since i dont want you to buy anything , what i will suggest are only FREEWARE that a lot of people use. Also they are pretty safe links. I will need a red to verify these links .

Antivirus.

http://www.avira.com/en/free-downloa...tivir-personal

Avira is a free antivirus that needs only to be installed. No suscribe no anything. Just install it.
Remember IF you already have an antivirus you dont need a second one. However if your antivirus has expired and u havent upgraded it or dont want to its better to uninstall it and use a new one. Run a scan with this

Anti-spyware

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

This is Spybot. I use it all the time. Viruses are not the only thing that can harm your PC. Small programs that send information through the internet can make your PC run bad. Scan with this also and remove any unecessary malware.

Registry Cleaner

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

After all said and done this will tide up your Windows Registry. Use it last in order to shape up.

The other most important thing is to

go to Start-->Run and type msconfig then press Enter. Then go to the Startup Tab and remove programs that u dont want to start when u open the PC. A rule of thumb is to not remove anything with the word Windows in it and your Antivirus of course. A reboot is needed after this. Dont worry if something is missing, u can always go the the same Tab and tick it again.

You may want to defrag your hard drive also. You can use the Windows defrag option or use http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler Defraggler.

Now , when u play League of legends and u have low fps the 1st thing to do is put shadows on Low. I dont like to have no shadows but low will do it.

Also a nice link is www.ninite.com It contains a list of freeware programs that u just click which ones you want and it downloads and installs them . VERY USEFUL specially after a format.

I need a Red to approve it if he can or like so people dont think that i send them to bad sites.

Also if u have any question about or why your league of legends plays bad on your computer, ask here and i will try my best to help you

Snet

04-06-2011

Hi,

The past few days i have been experiencing terrible Fps rates, I am talking about like 04-09 Fps. I have had ran league of legends smoothly before, but then I get some days with really low Fps rates, I have followed all of the tips listed below, and yet nothing seems to have changed.

My PC config:

- AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2,60Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- ATI Radeon HD 3650
- Windows Vista 64-bit operating system

Do I need to upgrade by computer or is there anything else I can do?
Any tip or suggestion are greatly appreciated.

PS. I run the game on "Very low" with out shadows on full-screen mode

Jhessail

04-06-2011

Hi,

I experience hard fps drops regularly. Usually I have 60 fps with a spike down to 30 fps every know and then. But sometimes fps suddenly drops down to 5 fps becoming lower and lower until 0-1 fps is reached. The game stays at this fps-rate for some minutes before it gets better again. After such a drop I won't get more than 30 fps.

This occurs less if I shut down skype, firefox and trillian/icq before playing and usually it doesn't occur during the first game of the day.

I guess you have no clue either, but if you have it'd be awesome

Leartes

Dakonblackblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

@ Snet Your PC is kind of old but the greatest problem is the weak video card. Since there is no reason to upgrade to a more expensive GPU , i suggest u buy a used Ati Radeon 4850 for 40 euros. Its true that after some patches , LoL has some improved effects and there are some performance issues (Frost effects really cause fps drops). Also i need to tell me what is the resolution u use.

@Jhessail I have to ask how much RAM you have and how much free hard disk drive space is available. Also do you have last drivers updated?

Niaz

05-06-2011

@Jhessail
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you have many programs and processors open while you play lol. For maximum stability and performance you want to shut down any unnecessarily programs and or processors running in the background. The only way you can ensure this is Ctrl+ALT+Delte open the task manager and shut down any processor or programs you don't use. Think twice about which you shut down though. A good rule is not to shut down anything with the word Windows included.

Besides do your pc's get hot? Maybe overheating could be the answer. But these are just a few speculations I made. GL

Jhessail

05-06-2011

Thanks for replies, nice ideas but not applicable. I got 4 gig ram and there is never more than 3 gig used (win7 64bit, so it can use all 4 gig if needed). Also I have a SSD harddrive with 15% free space left (ssd doesn't fragment as hard as normal drives do, so no problem).
I believe it has something to do with pop-ups in windows while playing with full-screen mode, since I can almost guarantee a performance drop if someone sends me a message in icq. This wouldn't explain problems with firefox, but ...

I heard there will be a graphics patch/update in summer at start of season 2, I hope this fixes it. Until then I'll have to shut down the forum while playing ^^

EDIT: Temperature might be a problem, it gets up to 80, dunno if thats too much.

Snet

05-06-2011

@ Dakonblackblade I am running the game on 1280x800, with the lowest possible settings. My monitors original resolution is 1920x1080.

I am pretty clear now about upgrading my Graphic card, its time to get rid of the old junk, thanks for the suggestion

Dakonblackblade

05-06-2011

Wow, you are missing lot Snet. Dont go expensive on GPU though.

A used radeon 4850 is very well suited for your rig.

@jhessail this us CPU temps or GPU? If its CPU is too high. For GPU its ok

Dakonblackblade

15-06-2011

This is a low-end laptop. Laptops cannot be updated (not in any way that matters at least) Keep your money to buy something new.

Swadoow

16-06-2011

I didn't mean that kinda update. But thanks for information and everything else.