connection timed out: session closed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mex Rippa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-07-2010

basically, whenever I finish a game I can't get to the final lobby thin, instead I have to click 'skip waiting for stats' becasue otherwhise the game simply does't do anything
after I do that, I usually try to get in another game OR I try to get my stats from the last match, which then leads to 'connection timed-out' and the game then states that I can manually reconnect to the chat server(which it automatically does)
after that, when I do ANYTHING else, and I mean anything like opening the chat, starting a game or chacking my profile, the game goes back to the lobby(from where you can click 'play' and such) and I get the message: session closed
'the launcher has experienced an error, please restart the application'
this happens to me every single game AND when I stay for too long in the start-up screen or at the store; it even happens during the champ selecion-screen sometimes giving me a queue dodge penalty, a loss and a leave

help would be appreciated! I have already done everything that riot states in the toolbox, like reinstalling, updating service packs and opening all my ports

Anythings

25-07-2010

I have the same problem. It really annoys me. I have to restart after every single game. I get DC'd a lot during games and select too

Mex Rippa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-07-2010

shameless self bump

crutian

05-09-2010

i got this problem to but the first day i played the game i hadnt the problem yet.

Virtuous Lion

06-09-2010

*Do you guys have other latency issues while playing the game?
*Have you tested the ports required to run the game?
*Are you connected through wireless or cable? Is there any way you can confirm the same error if you're running the game through the modem directly?

I would guess that some of these problems would be related to the server-issues that has ocurred due to high amount of trafic. If the game has been returning these errors consistently from day 1, my first guess would be that something is up with your network connection - the timeout error suggests as much.

crutian

06-09-2010

that my only problem with the game. and i am coneected with cable.
but how can you test you ports?

Moosar

06-09-2010

Having exactly the same.
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=35396

- Installed a network monitor - apart from some "dup ack" notifications, nothing special.
- Opened all necessary firewall ports
- Tried OpenDNS and other DNS settings
- Reset my router

Amoncaco, do you have the following as well in your logs?

001491.324| 537804.0032kb| 4.0000kb added| ALWAYS| ---- XMPP CHAT Shutting down.----
001491.324| 537804.0032kb| 0.0000kb added| ALWAYS| XMPP CHAT did disconnect. Player<Moosar>, ClientID<19376990>

(log "...r3dlog.txt" in "Game" folder)

What country do you connect from and what provider do you use? I'm in Holland with provider Tele2, if you are too, perhaps it's related.

I'm not having these problems from day 1 by the way. Had these problems the last couple of months but only in 1/3 games. Now it's after every game. I also cannot join practice games or just leave the client open.

My guess is that we both get disconnected from PVP.net after x minutes, since you also have the client crashing when it's just idle, or in champ select, or during a game, or after a game. Not sure how long it takes for stuff to crash, it depends, the only thing that's certain is that it crashes after a game when waiting for stats.

Also tried with an other PC in my network, same problem. At least that makes it clear it's the connection and not what Windows version you use for example, since I have both Windows XP as 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutian View Post
that my only problem with the game. and i am coneected with cable.
but how can you test you ports?
Try http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/. Network ports are http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...+Network+Ports.

I'm not convinced it's a firewall issue though, since I didn't have this problem before, which Crutian also states. Hence, Riot has changed "something" in their networks.

crutian

06-09-2010

yea im from holland to and i have tele 2 to. but if it is riots fould i hope they repair it fast i hate this

Moosar

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutian View Post
yea im from holland to and i have tele 2 to. but if it is riots fould i hope they repair it fast i hate this
Yeah, thought so. Check this out:
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?p=107917

Riot post halfway the page. Apparently Tele2 and LoL networks no longer match or something. Not sure who's fault it is though, since other people say Tele2 is working fine.

xrhstos3000

06-09-2010

LoL need more or/and better servers so he can handle hight traffic...