gangplank in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cardcrusher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2011

how do you feel about gangplank in ranked?
I'm in 1200 elo at the moment, and my games with gangplank are going okay, 2-3 hit enemy carries.
I've heard a lot of people saying gp is totally useless in ranked, warning me about feeding in game and etc. I know i'm squishy, thats why i try to come a bit later into teamfights or stay in safe range while using parrrley. I don't know if people use him in higher elo too, but anyway

discuss.

Auspexa

31-05-2011

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Glaciate

31-05-2011

Worthless to play in ranked. 99% of gp players run around waiting for Q to come off cooldown while their team gets eaten in a teamfight situation. play a useful champion such as malz / jarvan / amumu

Cardcrusher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
Worthless to play in ranked. 99% of gp players run around waiting for Q to come off cooldown while their team gets eaten in a teamfight situation. play a useful champion such as malz / jarvan / amumu
thread was meant for gp not typical gp players :/

Lyderies

31-05-2011

Im a massive gp fan, hes my main and will be forever, unfortunatly i dont play ranked aand i havnt been able to play since his remake, but inw that with right positioning and correct playstyle he can eat most champs 1 v 1, i also know that his ulti can be a very very determin of teamfights, also early game at lvl 6 his ult can take out the squishys on low health, done it t many times to remember

Glaciate

31-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardcrusher View Post
thread was meant for gp not typical gp players :/
and i answered saying all that gp can do in a teamfight b4 gettin eaten is run around and Q

Kerp

31-05-2011

im just trolling people in normal with him
the gp ive seen in ranked (which is like 4months back) werent really worth care, as they could actually stay top and farm but they didnt try to kill their enemy /denie their xp (aside of the E)
imo gp can beat everyone 1n1... but most people are just too defensive with him
in teamfights he doesnt really contribute that much, unless he is built a bit tanky

his new E is quite awesome to gang or to counter gangs and the Q cdr helps a lot, dunno why people are telling me that the only useful gp was denieplank (im denieing most peoples xp anyway since im so retarted agressive)

Picapleitos

31-05-2011

If u have hands with gp its ok, but u need ur team playing "for u", ur a carry who hits melee, and if u on tf only use parrrley u will lose, so it relays on the team, but isn't bad,
Imo, since the "buff", i wldn't play it more, on the old days u just take the solo lane, and deny creeps, doing that the enemy pushes hard and ur jungler will gank him, now..... other's ad carries do it better, since gangplank don't have nothing "special".

Cardcrusher

31-05-2011

well his E is also good for pushing or taking a fast inhhib with team.
Edit: and by ranked i meant 5v5 solo

indjep

31-05-2011

As long as your not in my team i'm fine with you playing gp