Will support refund me my champion purchase?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Moki

30-05-2011

Hello guys,

I will try it even if you tell me now, but just to get fast answer. Will support refund me my champion purchase? I bought Swain and I really don't enjoy playing him, though people say he is very good (and I believe them, he is just not my style).

Thanks,
Moki

Kalavaras

30-05-2011

No.

indjep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-05-2011

Most likely not, that's why we have free rotations so you can try out different champions before buying.

The Moki

30-05-2011

I don't think that waiting unreasonable time and be lucky enough to get desired champion into free week is good way to "try" them.

The F Word

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-05-2011

You really shoudn't buy champions just because u were told he's good or something.

The Moki

30-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F Word View Post
You really shoudn't buy champions just because u were told he's good or something.
It's a while since Swain was on free rotation and I never played him. Of course you need your own opinion and he looked fun, but he is not as interesting as I thought, unfortunately.

Infinity 2209

30-05-2011

Lol of course and they'll also refund everyone else who bought champions they don't like. Get real.

I suggest you play him a bit more and get to like him or accept it as a loss and move on.

pabechan

30-05-2011

Very improbable. But not impossible.
Don't give up and send Riot a support ticket. They might be in a good mood.

Kogling

30-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moki View Post
Hello guys,

I will try it even if you tell me now, but just to get fast answer. Will support refund me my champion purchase? I bought Swain and I really don't enjoy playing him, though people say he is very good (and I believe them, he is just not my style).

Thanks,
Moki
They do refund champions (although, you only get IP back not RP even if purchased with RP)

I accidentally bought Malphite once (back when I was <20 and wanted to play so called "OP" morde but accidentally mixed names up...

They did say they don't normally do it.. So because you are saying you dont like swain (who is a very good champ, btw) might not be justification.
Quote:
Hello Lukus001,

Typically we don't do this, but I have refunded Malphite for you. The points have been added to your account, but they may not display properly until you go to the Store and attempt to make a purchase. You do not need to complete the purchase, the value should correct itself before you complete the transaction. This is a one-time exception.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and enjoy the game!

Miditron
Riot are a reasonable company but they can not refund champs because you didnt like them or want to swap. In my case, i made sure that i didnt even play that champion as to not "take the piss". All you can do is ask and see.

The Moki

30-05-2011

I see. Too bad. Well, if they give me 6300 IP instead, I won't be mad at them ^^

Anyway, I sent my ticket, I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks.