How to counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urasil

25-07-2010

Hey Im a noob and I play Akali I have some build order I found on these forums.
Recently I played against Sion, Jax and Tristana. Our team had Tristana, Master Yi and me (Akali). there was no feeding and although we sometimes ganked Jax he managed to run away, but thats not the problem. The problem happened in late game when three of us tried to gank him..... He didnt even try to run away he just pawned us, and later on he won the game. Enemy Tristana went afk at lvl 8 and Sion didnt do much, so HE won the game. Now my question is how do I counter a guy that can take three champs and still have 50% health.

Fx Ismaro

25-07-2010

His power lies in dodge. Get Sword of Disicpline (55% attack speed item with unique passive) and use it whenever you encounter Jax. This items makes your attacks "undodgeable" and grant you armor penetration for few seconds.

Cheers.

Inxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-07-2010

get exhaust, 3 secs the enemy misses with his autoattacks, stun him, or disable him with any cc and he is dead because he relies on his normal attacks...
teemo is also good against a jax with his "miss" dart or heimerdinger with his grenade...

Jimmu

25-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismaro View Post
His power lies in dodge. Get Sword of Disicpline (55% attack speed item with unique passive) and use it whenever you encounter Jax. This items makes your attacks "undodgeable" and grant you armor penetration for few seconds.

Cheers.
Good advice. Jax needs to dodge attacks to use his stun.

Jax builds almost always have none magic resistance... When I'm playing with Singed, I totally use Jax as my toy xD Just run around him, choking him to my gas and flinging him around, ahaha.

Urasil

25-07-2010

thank you guys I will put that knowledge to good use =)

Melanchior

25-07-2010

uh, if you're playing Akali, then every single one of your abilities works against Jax. place a shroud down around him, use shadow dances, crescent slashes and marks of the assassin and hit from time to time. since your abilities have very low cooldowns, you can just use those to get the damage you need

although exhaust and ignite will help you out alot as well, as well as items like frozen mallet and rylai's crystal scepter. but buying sword of the divine for Akali is a HUGE no-no!

5tig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

26-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchior View Post
uh, if you're playing Akali, then every single one of your abilities works against Jax. place a shroud down around him, use shadow dances, crescent slashes and marks of the assassin and hit from time to time. since your abilities have very low cooldowns, you can just use those to get the damage you need

although exhaust and ignite will help you out alot as well, as well as items like frozen mallet and rylai's crystal scepter. but buying sword of the divine for Akali is a HUGE no-no!
So you suggest instead of buying AS, extra 100 dmg on every fourth attack. He should buy either AP + HP for some silly slow or Armor + Mana for some silly slow? That doesn't make any sense. Why would you buy mana for Akali.

Flipping Ninjas is all about their Armor pen, AS and dmg. Nothing else.

Sobrero

26-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tig View Post
So you suggest instead of buying AS, extra 100 dmg on every fourth attack. He should buy either AP + HP for some silly slow or Armor + Mana for some silly slow? That doesn't make any sense. Why would you buy mana for Akali.

Flipping Ninjas is all about their Armor pen, AS and dmg. Nothing else.
When he suggested to buy Armor+Mana?

He suggested either HP+AP or HP+AD. Both Rylai's and Mallet are quite viable on Akali although in this situation a Sword of the Divine might help as well (although it would be far better on Master Yi or Tristana).

5tig

Recruiter

26-07-2010

True. I was mixing mallet with heart. Soz.

Sobrero

26-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tig View Post
True. I was mixing mallet with heart. Soz.
In your defense, they're both frozen