skillshot tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoiFish

30-05-2011

So i bought Morgana and find her interesting..won the games so far in normals with actually good scores(meaning a little more kills then death and ****loads of assists)

but im having a hard time landing those Q skillshot stuns...any tips? atm i use normal cast meaning i have the whole arrow thing etc...would it be easier on smartcast?

any skillshot tip welcome

Mia The Immortal

30-05-2011

Yeah smartcast is very useful tho if you have no clue of range of your Q I would rather let it be just like this,its all about practice,how fast can u react,how good are your predicting skills,also theres are few tricks how to move with your character to basicaly lure them into it,dont do it obvious way,try to be creative and use it as a surprise so your opponent wont predict you are gonna bind him,as said,its all about practice and little bit of luck

Viseri0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-05-2011

Hope for a non-US server.

Arendil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-05-2011

train

Forbidden Artist

30-05-2011

Noooo smartcast!
Its much more difficult to hit with that smartcast thingy for me, i never use it.

Get your experiences with your Skillshot, be patient and wait for the right time to land your hit.
You need so know where the enemy will be within the next second.

If he is pretty save and alone against you, 1vs1, its easy for him to evade and he wont run straight (well, if he is good)

xFroz3nx

30-05-2011

I think for the beginning, the "normal cast" is the better way to go, because you see the range and width of the ability.
For aiming skillshots I can just tell you to try predicting the movement of your opponents. If you shoot your skillshot, do they rather dodge by moving left? Or moving right? If they move right, try to aim a little bit to the right next time when firing your skillshot. You also have to keep in mind how fast your skillshot travels. Compared to for ex. Ezreal's Q, Morgana's snare is kinda slow, so think about this when trying to land those skillshots.

Immahnoob

30-05-2011

Smartcast always helps, because people that use normal cast are so obvious when they want to fire plus you can smartcast while moving right - left so they won't see it coming...Try to see how they react when you throw a skillshot and in what direction they go, and try to shoot it in the direction they dodge, if he stays behind creeps throw one before the creep in his face dies with about 1 second or depending on your skillshot speed, so it would hit him.

xOois

30-05-2011

For skillshots, it's almost essential to have smart cast imo. Helps a lot!

Go some games with bots and try to hit all of your skillshots all the time. Just to better your aim.

Gl !

edit: To everyone who says it's better to begin without smart cast.. I beg to differ... If you get used to playing without it from the beginning, it will be a lot harder to switch later on.
I started with smart cast at a really early level. Around 10 or something.. I honestly have problems playing without it :P

There is although some exceptions where smart cast isn't viable... Anivia's Wall [W] for example.

Vpow

30-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immahnoob View Post
Smartcast always helps, because people that use normal cast are so obvious when they want to fire plus you can smartcast while moving right - left so they won't see it coming...Try to see how they react when you throw a skillshot and in what direction they go, and try to shoot it in the direction they dodge, if he stays behind creeps throw one before the creep in his face dies with about 1 second or depending on your skillshot speed, so it would hit him.
You can normal cast while moving, too...

anyways, what a poster above already said, have patience and the more you're used to skillshots, the faster you can aim them .

I've been going from Normal cast to smart cast with skill shots. It's best to use normal cast first imo.

Littleblazey

30-05-2011

How do you switch to smartcast?