How to counter heimerdinger?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Project Insanity

25-07-2010

Read title.

Time to chop down some fanboys, wanna be "Nobody is OP, l2p noob" pros and heimer players arguments.

xPhenomen

Banned

25-07-2010

Q:

Tristana \ Ashe \ Kog'Maw ourange Heimer's turrets.
Nunu just eats them with his skill.
Fiddle r*apes turrets with lifedrain.

W:

Magic resist.
Stay behind mobs.

E:

Magic resist.
Do not allow Heimer to hit your towers. Harass him.
Try to move zigzag trajectory to not being stunned. Actually he stuns only if you stay right in center of explosion, like Anivia ice bomb.

R:

Flash \ Ghost could save you.

Ardentis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-07-2010

It depends on the champion you play. From my experience against him, there are 3 types:

1. Champs with burst damage who harass him (without taking too much damage) and then turret dive to finish him before he kills them. Katarina, for example. It's very painful to play mid against a heimer, but it is possible to kill him with Kat and not loose your tower first. Ezreal would be another example I suppose.

2. Champs that shred his turrets whilst taking no or little damage in the process. Heimer will eventually run out of mana or at least is limited because he has to rebuild turrest all the time. Without turrets he can't farm very well. I think Mordekaiser is a good example for this category, he shouldn't have much trouble killing heimer as well at lvl 6. I think Karthus fits in here as well, though i can only guess since I don't play him.

3. Champs that can't counter him. As it is, not every champ is effective against any other. In case of Heimerdinger, perhaps the number of champions that can't counter him is a bit higher.

As to type 3, it's not necessarily OP that you can't counter Heimer with any champion.
I.e, a Kassadin mid will own many casters like Ryze or Veigar but is hard pressed against most DPS like Tristana or Tryndamere.
Against heimer, if you don't have a good counter, gank him. If 2 players focus him and dodge the grenade (not that hard) he is down in no time. You will need a good ganker since travelling across the map won't earn you exp or gold, and you need a lane mate that can handle a 1v2 situation (like heimer xD). A jungler that drops by for ganks also works very well.

Now someone will say that it is OP that you need a certain champ against him or have to gank him, but thats wrong. I.e., try laneing against a Mordekaiser in mid, that's also very, very painful for many champs, since he outfarms them and takes next to no damage with his shield. A pro Karthus can also be very difficult to face, unless you outrange him.

Dracoknight

25-07-2010

I believe i got the most of his weaknesses in this thread:
http://www.lol-europe.com/board/showthread.php?t=21265

Even if its anti-mid, it is viable even if he lanes, but then you have to add his teammate to the mix aswell =/

Jimmu

25-07-2010

Using champions that have massive range on some skills.
Nidalee's spear absolutely rapes Heimer and his turrets.
Karthus's Lay Waste has very long range too, and it's very effective against Heimerdinger's turrets.

But... you can't always play champs that have super massive range. Then it's just better to play in team, and rush with your teammates to destroy all Heimerdinger's turrets to stop him from farming... otherwise he will be a real pain in the ass when laning phase shifts to teamfights.

J0rGe

25-07-2010

I have no problems with Heim when i go mid with Kog'Maw. Trying to max Void Ooze early is the key.

Deriathan

25-07-2010

When playing as Heimer, I even doesnt bother to lvl turrets against Karthus. Morganas magic shield is also ultimate against heim.

Reezen

25-07-2010

Kill the turrets early game and he is completely screwed.

Ashe with teleport is great mid against Heimer, since you can dispatch turrets safely from range and Volley takes huge chunks of his squishy life, also dispatching his minions and turrets while at it, then once you are 6 he is a dead meat with your ult and good harassment before that.

Even if like everything gone wrong - he still won't have your turret, because you can just bluepill, load on healing pots - port back and basically hold him at bay forever this way.

Grenade is annoying, but unless it is a direct hit - it does not hit that hard.

TheFurlings

25-07-2010

AOE's, Multi hits take down his turrets fast, also people with longer range - I don't include ez in this since from all the ez's i've seen, they can't do anything to me untill mid level

Rockets hit cloest targets so as long as your behind minions, your safe. Even if your not they don't hit much early game

Grenade is mega slow, very hard to stun someone with it long range

Ulti..Heals turrets..slows..can't really counter it.. Harassing turrets will make him use it sooner but thats it

If you got no one with longer range, your only chance is to gank
Morde can be good against heim, but if you've been using heim awhile and are good with your stun, he can be pretty easy to harass

xMLG360N0SC0P3Zx

25-07-2010

Charge him if he only got 1 out of 3 towers perhaps ? Stun him if needed so he can't make a new one.
Without those towers, he's dead.