Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can players please stop forfeiting ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lyrical madness

02-24-2015

Quote:
eSoXxe:
3vs5, 4vs5 while the enemy knows to play, each teammate is far behind and you picked an early teamcombo, you got 3x trolloskilled mates while the enemy can.play

u are just sick of division and gain lp.this is a game and if u wont have fun, surrender is legit. dont waste time of life. the next.game will come...

I'm guessing you've never won a 3vs5 or 4vs5, it's ranked anything can happen, what if it was a 4v5 then the enemy kata(that's uber fed) gets dc'd and dosnt come back, it's then a 4v4, not only that yours might come back, so it could be a 5v4.

In my opinion, if your coming into a ranked game with a mindset of:
I'm play the best I can, but if my team sucks by 20 mins I'm giving up
Then I think you should stop playing ranked, because that basically means your playing ranked with the intent of loosing

Fading Pride

02-24-2015

Quote:
lyrical madness:
Okay first things first, if you don't want to try hard and gain elo, then don't play ranked, as simple as that, just play normals, ff them all you want i don't care, I still won't ff (I never have and never will). Secondly, the only time a forfeit is worth it, is when the game is clearly lost, the only time a game is clearly lost is when you see a big red defeat sign infront of you. Maybe like 5 seconds before that you might all be dead and a huge minion wave plus a full team about to attack your open nexus, that's fair enough but still how long is forfeiting really saving you at this point? 3 seconds? For what? Another game of league that could take anywhere between 20 and 60 mins?

Never forfeit a ranked game

This post could only come from a Silver boy.

Fading Pride

02-24-2015

Btw you ask us for our opinion and dont accept them so why ask in the first way ?

eSoXxe

02-24-2015

You should consider and think differentiated. no one talks about "lel, enemy 5 kills ahead, surrender!!!!11" or "surrendering vs 4 n00bs they become a lucky ahead" <- thats the **** surrendered game u saw the chance to win.

with increasing game experience you get a feeling for whether the enemy is good or worse (u had 20 min of playing to see it, but u can much faster realized it). The same goes for your own team. so you can also form the opinion, if there is a chance to win or not.

if u dont want never surrending anygame, better play teamranked.