Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can players please stop forfeiting ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lyrical madness

02-24-2015

Title says it all, what are your thoughts/stories?
I can't think of a single situation were typing /Ff is the right thing to do

A Chocobo

02-24-2015

If the game is lost or I realize my team will never group or play a teamfight correctly or people start flaming each other I'll FF. If people start being full on toxic when we're winning I'll still try to FF as I'd rather get out of an un-enjoyable match, I prefer having fun over winning LP.

Kataríńa

02-24-2015

thank god at least one clever person here
i had MANY ranked games when it looked sooo lost, everyone just gave up and at the end boom we won.
i remember several of these games
1. that game fid got dc and everyone just gave up and went afk, so we were playing 2vs5, after 5 mins fid came back, we lost many towers, all dragons, our teammates who went afk because they thought it was lost had no farm, but as i said when fid came back everyone started playing again and after 20 mins we won.
2.i had like 5~ games where i won 4vs5
3. that was not so long ago - bot went 2/15, top also was feeding, team score was smth like 2/30 we all started to flame, they destroyed our inhibitor at 16min, but then their elise started to trolling - bought zeals and went alone all the time and with that pathetic score after 30 mins we actually won, everyone wanted to ff, i didnt, and i am glad because it was unbelievible comeback and i am glad i have something to remember

IF you guys want to ff, remember that ANY time they can get DC, someone can start trolling, EVEN if its pathetic and everyone is flaming they still can throw

i will never agree with ffing, but when i am alone who disagrees in my team i cant help it - i still lose and its kinda sad, because i remember those games and cuz of that i dont want to give up

Fading Pride

02-24-2015

Quote:
lyrical madness:
Title says it all, what are your thoughts/stories?
I can't think of a single situation were typing /Ff is the right thing to do

Because of people like you I hate playing ranked.Well to be honest I won many ranked like 4v5 or even 3v5.I even won when it was like 9 kills for us 27 for enemy just with Splitpushing(you need to know iam tryndamere main).But ****ing s5 changes destroyed splitpush and make this game a team game which sucks.You cant carry alone anymore.Well you can but not like in the past like in s3.And I dont want to tryhard my ass off only to gain some Elo.I want to enjoy this game.just FF and type bg in all chat.

lyrical madness

02-24-2015

Okay first things first, if you don't want to try hard and gain elo, then don't play ranked, as simple as that, just play normals, ff them all you want i don't care, I still won't ff (I never have and never will). Secondly, the only time a forfeit is worth it, is when the game is clearly lost, the only time a game is clearly lost is when you see a big red defeat sign infront of you. Maybe like 5 seconds before that you might all be dead and a huge minion wave plus a full team about to attack your open nexus, that's fair enough but still how long is forfeiting really saving you at this point? 3 seconds? For what? Another game of league that could take anywhere between 20 and 60 mins?

Never forfeit a ranked game

lyrical madness

02-24-2015

Quote:
Shúnpo:
thank god at least one clever person here
i have MANY ranked games when it looked sooo lost, everyone just gave up and at the end boom we won.
i remember several of these games
1. that game fid got dc and everyone just gave up and went afk, so we were playing 2vs5, after 5 mins fid came back, we lost many towers, all dragons, our teammates who went afk because they thought it was lost had no farm, but as i said when fid came back everyone started playing again and after 20 mins we won.
2.i had like 5~ games where i won 4vs5
3. that was not so long ago - bot went 2/15, top also was feeding, team score was smth like 2/30 we all started to flame, they destroyed our inhibitor at 16min, but then their elise started to trolling - bought zeals and went alone all the time and with that pathetic score after 30 mins we actually won, everyone wanted to ff, i didnt, and i am glad because it was unbelievible comeback and i am glad i have something to remember

IF you guys want to ff, remember that ANY time they can get DC, someone can start trolling, EVEN if its pathetic and everyone is flaming they still can throw

i will never agree with ffing, but when i am alone who disagrees in my team i cant help it - i still lose and its kinda sad, because i remember those games and cuz of that i dont want to give up

Wow I think there realy is a small handful of players that actualy won't ff a ranked, I sware I was in a game playing shyvanna jungle, built full tank due to lanes feeding and afking, manages to get a ward in baron about 30 mins when they took 2 inhibs, I ulted into the baron pit stole baron and got a quadra kill, was a 3v5 and the other team forfeited, I don't normally type much but afterwards I asked why they forfeited, one player simply said, report udyr for wasting smite

eSoXxe

02-24-2015

surrender is legit by so much reasons, if u dont understand, just play another game.

lyrical madness

02-24-2015

Quote:
eSoXxe:
surrender is legit by so much reasons, if u dont understand, just play another game.

Enlighten me Sensai? Tell me a valid reason for forfeiting a ranked soloq game

eSoXxe

02-24-2015

3vs5, 4vs5 while the enemy knows to play, each teammate is far behind and you picked an early teamcombo, you got 3x trolloskilled mates while the enemy can.play

u are just sick of division and gain lp.this is a game and if u wont have fun, surrender is legit. dont waste time of life. the next.game will come...

Sharkai

02-24-2015

THey should remove /ff in ranked, period. I can't believe how often we were going even, we got aced and our team decided to rage and /ff then troll because 'it was lost'. I've won games 4v5, I've won games that were so bad we were 15k behind. Heck, if you'd have seen the giants versus elements game you'd understand.