Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do I get matched with people 3 divisions higher than me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Player3Th0mas

02-23-2015

So I'm silver 5 and my mate is bronze 1. When we duoq we used to get matched with people in the same division, but now we only get matched with people from silver 4, 3 and 2.

Is this fair for us? I mean, the matched did get a lot more difficult. Is this even fair for out teammates? They get matched with people below them.

How does this work?

daniellizard

02-23-2015

Probably you gained elo so the game thinks you are better than your division. And it's also that duo q gets slightly better players against them, as it's assuming that you know how to coordinate your play together and probably are speaking on skype ts whatever

Sháco

02-23-2015

I fail to see how this is actually a mystery to you. You're silver, he's high bronze, you're gonna get matched with silvers. It'd be a problem if you were getting matched with gold and above. These people in the higher divisions are not worlds apart from your own skill level, you're all roughly the same they either just got more lucky in their placements/games or have grinded out more games. Also you have to keep in mind that you are matched as a team, your team's MMR will be as close as possible to the enemy team's MMR, there is nothing unfair happening here.

Aldmeri

02-24-2015

im silver 5 and ive played so many normals that im against hi gold/plat now so probs an mmr spike

mistry

02-24-2015

When you are premade with someone its puts you against slightly higher elo players on average. This is just to counter the fact that as a duoq you always have the advantage.

Tapdatgoat

02-24-2015

You always get placed higher than your combined average MMR as a duo queue to compensate for the fact that your co-operation is (or at least should be) better than the average solo queue players.

On the plus side if you manage to win consistently you will also get better LP rewards as your MMR increases.
Used to play with people 5-6 divisions ahead of me and my buddy and we got between 25-30 LP per win.

And yeah, it isn't fair to your teammates if you guys can't abuse the fact that you're a duo queue, since that is expected of you.
If you can, it's perfectly fair.