Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you get the most damage out of Veigar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeMoeder1989

02-23-2015

What do you have to buy in-game to get the most damage out of Veigar.
I've watched some vids, and saw huge amounts of damage while people were playing with Veigar, but i still dont understand how you get that enormous amount of damage.
Can someone tell me what to do?

biverbeaver

02-23-2015

easy xD farm q all game and then buy items for the gold you get, and then you will win lategame

JeMoeder1989

02-24-2015

whats q?
sorry, i'm kind of new in LoL..

JeMoeder1989

02-24-2015

oohw, do you mean the Q ability?

Evil Squidward

02-24-2015

how new are you to the game? what level are you and roughly how many games have you played?

these things are important for us to gauge how much experience you have at the game and give the most practical advice to improve your performance.

on another note, its understandable that, you being new to the game, you wouldnt be keeping up with all the heads-up websites that let you know the changes about to happen in the game. but veigar is about to get some major changes to his abilities, firstly that his stun circle (the E) is about to become much, MUCH weaker, and his Q ability will become a skillshot.

so firstly its more important that you increase your base gameplay (farming, map awarness, phase understanding) before you focus on a specific champion because that lets you better pick a champion that you can focus on.

Daonu

02-24-2015

I'll try to give you an idea how this damage is produced.

Veigar's Q skill ( Baleful Strike ) provides Veigar with 1 Ability Power everytime he manages to Lasthit a minion with it. This mechanic is somewhat similiar to Nasus Q stacks. Furthermore he gains 1-5 AP ( depending on the Level of the skill ) for killing an enemy Champion.
Now Veigar's ability to increase his Ability Power grants him a lot of Bonus AP especially in the mid-late game. This can be increased further with the item Rabadon's Deathcap (+30% AP)

Also his ultimate has a high AP scaling (1.2AP currently 1.0AP with Patch 5.4) BUT it also adds 80% of the targets Champion AP to the damage.

If you add up all of these factors, it's quite easy to get 1500 or more damage out of his ultimate.

I hope that helped.