Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can someone please help me understand this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haldirr

02-23-2015

Hi

So my name is matt and i play league of legends quite frequently. so in this account which is the one i play most currently i have been receiving chat bans which i indefinitely agree i should have received the first few times because my behaviour stank. However after a while i was improving however i got more and more chat bans one after another and i didn't understand why because to my understanding my behaviour improved but the chat bans kept coming in longer and longer each time which frustrated me so i remember one game i really got angry with the system and had a massive rant in a game having a go at people. I shouldn't have but that's what the system made to me but i must have had some part in it as well so I can't blame the system 100% but recently i was in a game where i was told if i go bot lane again ( as support )my adc would troll and would feed. so i decided i would not go bot instead i would roam mid and top so my adc can calm down however then all the other 3 team mates flamed me for not going bottom and they really were going at it like the flaming was really harsh and it did genuinely upset me and they were saying in all chat to report me. SO my question is how comes i get a 1000+ chat ban when im trying to improve and become better when people like them who flame none stop are free to do whatever they want?

GangrelCat

02-23-2015

First off, I'd like to tell you how the system works, since it's not clearly stated on the site.
After you've been punished the first time, you'll be under probation. This means that after finishing a stack of restrictions all those games will get checked by the system, whether you were reported in them or not. This includes the chat in Champion Select, In-Game and Score Screen.
Depending on what is found different things can happen. If you've shown great improvement it's possible that you'll get no more restrictions. If you've shown some improvement the next set of restrictions will be smaller than the previous, keeping that up will get rid of the restrictions. If you've either shown no improvement or where primarily silent during your games, you'll get an equally large stack of restriction. If you've shown worse behaviour, you'll get a larger stack of restrictions.
Riot wants to see actual attempts of improvement, meaning showing friendly, respectful and helpful behaviour.

It's possible that the players you mention have not been toxic in enough games to get punished, or that they have and are now punished, there is no real way to know.

-----------------------------------------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

Sháco

02-23-2015

Quote:
GangrelCat:
First off, I'd like to tell you how the system works, since it's not clearly stated on the site.
After you've been punished the first time, you'll be under probation. This means that after finishing a stack of restrictions all those games will get checked by the system, whether you were reported in them or not. This includes the chat in Champion Select, In-Game and Score Screen.
Depending on what is found different things can happen. If you've shown great improvement it's possible that you'll get no more restrictions. If you've shown some improvement the next set of restrictions will be smaller than the previous, keeping that up will get rid of the restrictions. If you've either shown no improvement or where primarily silent during your games, you'll get an equally large stack of restriction. If you've shown worse behaviour, you'll get a larger stack of restrictions.
Riot wants to see actual attempts of improvement, meaning showing friendly, respectful and helpful behaviour.

It's possible that the players you mention have not been toxic in enough games to get punished, or that they have and are now punished, there is no real way to know.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie

The bit in bold makes 0 sense. We are serving our punishments already, the fact we get to send 1 message like every 10 damn minutes already means we are limited in communication, so how are we supposed to show any "improvement" and NOT stay silent for most of the time? Sorry, but I don't think you know how the system works either, or you explained it so poorly that it makes no sense.

I have a better theory, it's an automated system since there is no way Riot has the manpower to sit down and look through millions of reports every day. Furthermore, since my last restriction, I know I did absolutely nothing wrong, the reason for this is because I made a conscious effort to ONLY use the chat to time summoners, say care/on my way/brb, and I never replied to anyone that said anything to me, whether friendly or not. But guess what, after only 1 day of having the restriction removed, I got the same restriction (75 games chat restricted and 25 normal wins required to open ranked).

Exactly what am I supposed to be doing with my 5 messages per game to let Riot know I'm done giving a **** about whiny kids and retaliating to them? Because, by the way, I'm not toxic, I just retaliate to idiots that try blame me for their mistakes or think they can belittle me. That doesn't make me innocent, of course, but now I'm done talking altogether (because now I'm on edge and realise freedom of speech doesn't exist on League) and I'm still getting slapped with restriction after restriction. It wouldn't surprise me that when I'm done with this restriction I'll have barely a day before I get another one... again, for f**k all reason.

SpRz

02-23-2015

Quote:
Sháco:
The bit in bold makes 0 sense. We are serving our punishments already, the fact we get to send 1 message like every 10 damn minutes already means we are limited in communication, so how are we supposed to show any "improvement" and NOT stay silent for most of the time? Sorry, but I don't think you know how the system works either, or you explained it so poorly that it makes no sense.

I have a better theory, it's an automated system since there is no way Riot has the manpower to sit down and look through millions of reports every day. Furthermore, since my last restriction, I know I did absolutely nothing wrong, the reason for this is because I made a conscious effort to ONLY use the chat to time summoners, say care/on my way/brb, and I never replied to anyone that said anything to me, whether friendly or not. But guess what, after only 1 day of having the restriction removed, I got the same restriction (75 games chat restricted and 25 normal wins required to open ranked).

Exactly what am I supposed to be doing with my 5 messages per game to let Riot know I'm done giving a **** about whiny kids and retaliating to them? Because, by the way, I'm not toxic, I just retaliate to idiots that try blame me for their mistakes or think they can belittle me. That doesn't make me innocent, of course, but now I'm done talking altogether (because now I'm on edge and realise freedom of speech doesn't exist on League) and I'm still getting slapped with restriction after restriction. It wouldn't surprise me that when I'm done with this restriction I'll have barely a day before I get another one... again, for f**k all reason.

I couldnt agree more. I make your words mine

GangrelCat

02-23-2015

Quote:
Sháco:

I disagree that it makes 0 sense, but I also disagree with the way Riot handles this. I believe that staying silent is an improvement and should be seen as such, but that is not how it works. It works how I described it, by Riot's own admission.

You're not restricted in Champion Select or the Score Screen chats while they are checked, so you could take advantage of that.

Quote:
Sháco:

It is mostly automated, Riot has confirmed that, for the very reason you give. But, they do keep a close eye on it, to make sure it functions correctly.
Which means you didn't show friendly, helpful and respectful behaviour, which is why your punishment kept going.

Quote:
Sháco:

I've explained why it happens and how to get rid of them. I'm sorry and hope it doesn't happen, but I do think you'll get another set of restrictions if you did stay mostly silent/neutral again. I don't agree with what Riot views as improvement, but that is the way it is at the moment. Try my suggestion and see what happens.

Mahatma Gandhi

Je suis Charlie