Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leaving game WITHOUT penalties

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrKingofOnePiece

02-21-2015

Make it possible to leave games WITHOUT facing penalties PLEASE. To be honest, I am really tired of having to play with trolls. Like, in one of my last games I had to deal with a premade team of 3 guys who openly admitted to be supporting the opponent team. So far so ok, there are c*nts everywhere. Happens. The problem begins when I am FORCED to finish this game because they refuse to surrender yet they stretch the game into a truly annoying length.

I, as a player, simply do not WANT to finish the game. What for? I am wasting 40 minutes of my precious life having no fun and losing a match. And if I leave, -> I <- am the one being punished for leaving my team behind? For real? So I am basically forced to stick for another 20 minutes in a simply unentertaining frustrating game that doesnt want to finish.
There NEEDS to be an option to leave a match under this circumstances without facing ANY penalties. I personally don't have a clear idea of how that could look like, but possibly change the fact that to surrender you need 4-1 votes, to something more reliable, means 3-2. or 2-1, etc. This would be specially fair because the MAJORITY of the team agrees on surrendering. Just PLEASE do sth about it. It would vastly improve the player experience and not make me leave a match frustrated wanting to punch someone in the face.

Ninja Serb

02-21-2015

Unfortunately this is an impossible idea. If there is any form of "punishless" leaving it will be exploited by the very people you are trying to escape. You just gotta deal with these morons and move on. As for your surrender suggestion, look at your own situation and example. You had 3 as$hole premades, imagine them queing together getting the picture now? Game starts boom surrender, 3 votes you lose, gg lolhaxor nabz izi. I understand your frustration believe me, if that kind of **** is happening and they have been stupid enough to admit it in chat simply: be silent, practice last hitting until the enemy wins and report the sh!t out of them.

Kalipeni

02-22-2015

Hey,

I have to agree with the threadstarter. There are just so many toxic players. I think in about 20% of my games somebody starts to flame/beeing toxic.

And I actually can take a lot. I don't mind "light trolling". I play the meta, but don't mind if others do not. I apologize for ks, but don't mind if somebody "steals" a kill from me. Also, I never flame back. I never get insulting when somebody plays bad. I give tipps and I am supportive. So please don't tell me toxic players experience more toxicity.

And I could also deal with the high amount of toxic players if I could just skip this game. But I only have the option to play trough the game or get sooner or later punished for beeing afk. When punishing players for going afk Riot should consider doing a chat analysis or something. If there's toxicity in the chatlogs going afk should'nt be punished. Don't see the big draw back there. Happy about other opinions.

But how the game is now, I will quit. Sooner or later. And I will most certainly not pay any money for it.

Bogerd

02-23-2015

I apologize in advance for improper english

Just had the same thing, we all know how frustrating this is. It makes you wanna yell so loudly that they can hear you on mars. And oh if you could lay hands on the people at the other side.... And the worst part is: You know they do not care, you know they are just laughing at the other side because they screwed another game of 3 to 4 possibly 9 players.

So, the threadstarter has a good point and a fairly good idea. I just think it needs to be like this.

Give the option in champ select to mark someone as a "TROLL"
IF he is premade then leave out the marking of the other premade player. So that 3 votes will stop the game
IF he is not premade all 4 players should agree on marking him her as troll.

I think this also must go further then this (in the case of a troller still coming through even when some people marked him)

AFTER game everyone will receive a popup which can only be asnwered with YES or NO
popup saying: Do you think that "guy marked as troll" made it very hard for his team to win?

IF yes: loss forgiven is applied to the team that lost but the team who won will still get lp etc.
OFC this popup should only show when pregame in champ select there has been a vote for trollers.

I know people can get a free game when they lose this way but the chance is fairly minimal. I also know that you could leave a game in champ select fairly easy when all think that the other team is 2 op. But lets be honest, how many matches are decided by picks instead of player skill? Maybe that does come into account with ranked teams but not at solo queue.

I guess there will be many people who disagree but imho: "Its better to give some away then take some away"

Meaning: this way you make sure that there are FAR LESS trolling chances but the other way around is that youre giving away possible free of losing lp losing games. But I think its more unfair to punish 4 teammembers for ones actions as it would be unfair to give a free game away.

ethics mates.. Always a problem

AfterMathMatics

02-23-2015

One of the worst ideas I have ever seen!

I get trolled on a daily base and sometimes we end up losing not because of the troll but because of the retard that decided to go afk!

Ciler

02-24-2015

Quote:
MrKingofOnePiece:
Make it possible to leave games WITHOUT facing penalties PLEASE.

This is not possible, the reason for it has been explained a million times.

If you could leave without penalty, you would simply leave a game every time the enemy team gets close to your nexus, to avoid losing LP/rank...

Bogerd

02-24-2015

@aftermathmatics, youre post isnt really of any help nor does it really add something to the discussion imho

@ciler, I think Ive set up a pretty good way without doing that EVERY time