Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm confused..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renamed004

02-19-2015

So we just had a game with a guy, let's just call him Riven as that's what he played.

In champ select it started: Extremely negative attitude, rambling about how we already lost etc.

In game: It continues, any time a teamplayer dies its "gg" or "I want to afk now" "it's lost" and so on.
I think me and my team were very patient with him, considering the terrible attitude and bad plays (it happens, we didn't focus on that) but any time we told him to stop the negative attitude, he threatened to afk.

When it started to move to /all, where he tried to make it seems like we flamed him for his bad plays (0/9/something about now) i said "It's not about your plays it's about your ****ing attitude" and now I'm the bad guy.

So it ends off with most of the enemy team wanting to honor riven, and report me for flaming. Did I just get trolled super hard or are people really that oblivious to what's happening?

I don't understand this game anymore.. If that's what you get for being patient with people no wonder everyone is flaming.

gothrian

02-19-2015

you get to a tipping point at were you get irrational and mad, my limit is after about 40 games lossed in a row becuase the team choses wolves over ending game

Lady Lothiriel

02-19-2015

Quote:
When it started to move to /all, where he tried to make it seems like we flamed him for his bad plays (0/9/something about now) i said "It's not about your plays it's about your ****ing attitude" and now I'm the bad guy.

Two things I would advise strongly against:

- answering back to a flamer / negative player. That never ends well for everyone.
- using all chat and start a discussion with enemy team. Seriously. Back when I had all chat activated, whenever I saw negativity going on in enemy team, I was sorely tempted to fan the flames, just to make sure we win (that's pretty much a given). Don't use all chat or deactivate it altogether. Nothing good will come from having it on.

Renamed004

02-19-2015

Quote:
Lady Lothiriel:
Two things I would advise strongly against:

- answering back to a flamer / negative player. That never ends well for everyone.
- using all chat and start a discussion with enemy team. Seriously. Back when I had all chat activated, whenever I saw negativity going on in enemy team, I was sorely tempted to fan the flames, just to make sure we win (that's pretty much a given). Don't use all chat or deactivate it altogether. Nothing good will come from having it on.

1) I know that's the smart thing to do, but I just don't want to let them win every time.
2) Good point. But as we were already losing pretty badly I didn't think it would reduce our chances of winning.